Multi-Sports Coach - Halifax, West Yorkshire
If you’re looking for an incredibly rewarding way to gain additional experience with children in an out of school setting, which will pay you to keep active and have fun, we’re sure we can find an amazing role for you!
Kings Camps run sports and activity day camps for children throughout the February, Easter, May, Summer and October school holidays that deliver our mission – getting children active, having fun and learning together.
We know market-leading programmes don’t deliver themselves - it’s our people who create amazing holiday experiences for children - and we’re now hiring energetic and passionate coaches (we call them Red Tops) to deliver our mission in 2022.
We operate at over 50 first class locations across England, Scotland and Wales, and, to ensure we offer flexibility, you can work between your home or study city. We even have a handful of camps that run with accommodation provided, so if you’re flexible with dates and locations, we can explore even more opportunities!
Why work for Kings Camps?
- Earn between £370 and £515 per week
- High quality, enjoyable and worthwhile experience
- Career development and the potential of regular employment with Kings (we always promote from within!)
- Working in an experienced staff team of coaches and managers who provide a strong support network
- Bi-weekly personal evaluation directly from your Manager
- Delivering market-leading activity programmes with a great range of sports and activities
- Excellent locations – some of the best universities and schools in the UK!
- Excellent training – market-leading online and on-site training covering customer care, child protection, child supervision, child welfare and behaviour, health and safety, sports coaching techniques and creative and dynamic session development.
- The opportunity to help make a difference in the lives of children from all backgrounds.
About the Role
Reporting to the Camp Manager and working alongside a like-minded team, you’ll be working Monday to Friday between 8am and 6pm with a group of up to 16 children (5-7, 8-10, 11-14 or 14-17 years), delivering high-energy, fun and inclusive sessions that get every child active and having fun, regardless of their ability.
For our younger children, activities can include anything from balloon badminton and parachute games to leading team building activities. For our older children, activities are a little more skill focused, so you’ll be running longer sessions and coaching sports such as football, tennis or rounders. We also run additional exciting weekly whole-camp activities such as Wet Wednesday, Coaches Challenge and Final Event!
Child safety is our number one priority so you’ll ensure that the welfare of children is paramount at all times, supervising children during their lunch breaks, participating in swimming sessions, overseeing safe use of equipment and promptly recording any incidents.
Because we’re Ofsted registered, you’ll also be given the opportunity to see how we implement high standards in children’s care and wellbeing as well as the opportunity to gain first aid qualifications, interact and build relationships with parents/guardians and access to our market-leading training.
To join our team of Red Tops we’re looking for your application to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- High energy, fun and personable
- At least 6 months’ experience working with children aged between 5 and 17
- At least 3 months’ experience in a relevant role such as sports coaching, leadership or delivering games or activities
- A willingness to liaise with parents, delivering high-quality customer service
- A real team player who’s flexible and happy to rotate duties and form positive relationships
- Possess (a minimum) Level 2 qualification in one of the following fields:
- Primary of Secondary Teaching
- Sports Coaching
- Physical Education
- Paediatric First Aid (training opportunities are also available)
How to Apply
Apply now (why wait until tomorrow?!) Email us with an up to date CV, 3 facts about yourself and your ideal role and location by clicking 'Apply'
Our Safeguarding Promise
The Kings Active Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Safer recruitment is central to the way we work and all staff and volunteers are expected to share our commitment to safeguarding, always creating an environment where young people feel safe and can thrive.
About The Kings Active Foundation
Kings Camps is part of The Kings Active Foundation, a UK registered charity
Charity number: 1105460/SC043119
Charity Address: Osborne House, 47 Snaithing Lane, Sheffield, S10 3LF