Operations Manager - Ashby-De-La-Zouch, Leicestershire
After travelling down our beautiful driveway, you will find Champneys Springs settled amongst 31 acres of beautiful open parkland, our tranquil Leicestershire location is a modern take on a country style spa hotel. Our Springs resort is the UK’s first purpose-built health spa, and we continue to champion the best of health and wellbeing and the Champneys way of life.
Champneys Springs has 89 bedrooms for residential guests, and we welcome up to 50 day guests per day. We also have a club membership offering for those who live locally and wish to use our amazing facilities.
The purpose of this role is to take responsibility for all aspects of the resort, including the day to day management of the resort, the team and most importantly Guest Relations. Ensuring a consistent approach from the duty managers, including remedying and communicating all feedback positive and negative. A hands-on approach with all aspects of the resort, being in the right place at the right time to facilitate the needs of the business.
- Lead, support and manage your HODs ensuring they are fully aware of the business needs and are driven to achieve and work to the highest of standards.
- You will be responsible for conducting robust and transparent agendas for regular communications with your teams, these will allow for open and honest conversation ensuring all matters are discussed and all relevant parties are aware of successes and challenges. You will ensure they are frequent and aims, objectives and action points are made clear and also ensure checks backs are scheduled and actioned.
- As a key member of the team you will provide insightful information that will support your General Manager.
- You will have a confident approach when communicating future initiatives / revenue generating ideas whilst remaining true to the Brand.
- You will demonstrate an excellent ability to be proactive, responsive and divisive. You will be inspirational in your approach and always demonstrate leadership qualities inspiring all your colleagues to achieve the best and work to the highest of standards.
- Lead, manage and deliver any projects that are requested by your General Manager.
- Be commercially aware ensuring we remain competitive, forward thinking and cost savvy. You will do this by understanding the markets we operate in, understand current trends, be aware of future trends and provide advice, guidance and support on such to your team.
- You will devise operational plans that enable us to remain current, grow and be leaders in the relevant areas.
- You will be an active and prominent figure within the industry demonstrating your commerciality and experience within your field.
- You will actively and positively manage KPIs.
- You will drive exceptional customer service and ensure plans are created and executed where any shortfalls are identified.
- Working closely with the HR function you will be an advocate for driving our wellness and wellbeing agenda ensuring the employee experience is exceptional and retention and engagement is maximised.
- You will have an excellent grasp on all of your departments and be able to offer support when required.
- You will be responsible for knowing all financial and commercial data on your property and will be on hand to support the General Manger with information they may need.
- You will be the driver of exceptional F&B within all of our outlets and will use the power of the brand to instigate new offerings and developmental programmes emphasising and being true to our wellness and wellbeing core value.
- You will naturally be a brand ambassador and always promote our values through any work that you do.
Being the iconic wellbeing brand that we are you should expect benefits that match our simple vision; to make you feel happier and healthier inside and out.
Not only will you work in great company where we share and believe in our vision you will also have access to the following;
- Health, Wellness and Wellbeing incentives
- Champneys experiences
- App technology for all our essential forms
- In house social media connecting our Champneys Family
- Motivating, rewarding and engaging colleague events
- Discounted stays for you, your friends and family at any of our Hotels or Resorts
- Heavily discounted rates at our getaway Haven
- Complimentary Spa Day
- Exceptional discount on Champneys products
- Great discounts on our partner products
- Discounted membership to our exceptional health clubs
- Access to Learning & Development aimed at job satisfaction and career advancement
- Mental Health Awareness Days
- Access to wider wallet – discounts on a wide range of websites, high street shops and great experiences for you and your family
- Merlin Entertainments Attraction
- Introduce a friend incentive
- Long Service celebrations
- Free parking
- Professional Uniform