Reception Manager -The Peak
The Carlton Tower Jumeirah
We are currently seeking a passionate Reception Manager to join the team here at The Carlton Tower Jumeirah.
Situated in the heart of Knightsbridge, one of London’s most exclusive neighbourhoods, and towering high over a world- class shopping destination, Sloane Street, The Carlton Tower Jumeirah is a beacon of sophistication where heritage meets contemporary luxury. The hotel has been reinvented for a new generation of discerning guests with elegant, timeless interiors complemented by the most spectacular views.
Featuring an exciting collection of restaurants and bars and a world-class fitness club and spa, the hotel will be embraced by its affluent local community as well as sophisticated international travelers as the place to reside, rejuvenate and celebrate in Knightsbridge.
The Peak Fitness Club and Spa at The Carlton Tower Jumeirah offers hotel guests and club members world class treatments, wellness and fitness classes such as Yoga and Pilates with breath-taking views over London’s iconic skyline.
About the role
The Peak Fitness Club and Spa at The Carlton Tower Jumeirah will offer hotel guests and club members world class treatments, wellness and fitness classes such as Yoga and Pilates with breath-taking views over London’s iconic skyline.
We are looking for a passionate Reception Manager to join us at The Peak, to oversee the front of house operations of the fitness club and spa. In this role you will be responsible for our team of Receptionists covering two reception desks, one for our pool & spa and one in our fitness suite and members lounge. You will also be responsible for our team of attendants who keep our facilities organised and sparkling clean. Duties in this role include;
- To welcome every member and Hotel guest with a smile and strive to provide a friendly and efficient service.
- To manage the colleagues within the Peak Reception, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Hotel and Department Operations Manuals.
- To oversee the training, development & performance management of reception and club & spa attendants.
- As the first point of contact with Club Members, reception staff should provide a friendly welcome and an accurate efficient service in order to meet any needs of members. Through this action reception staff should play a vital role in providing a social atmosphere in the Club.
- To ensure all LQA standards are understood and deliver them at all times to all guests/members of the Club.
- Ensure that the FOH team maintain accurate & secure records of member details and to ensure prompt & accurate collection of fees and chasing any outstanding payments from members.
- To complete the rota for all reception colleagues and ensure that the daily operations are covered at all times.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Ideally experience in a similar position within a luxury 5 star environment is desirable
- Current experience within a hotel or similar environment
- Be able to demonstrate experience within the purchasing department
- Excellent level of English
- Excellent communicator and able to connect with all levels in the business with the ability to motivate your colleagues.
- Effective organisational skills; able to prioritise tasks and self-manage a workload
- Excellent personal presentation with a warm and welcoming personality.
- Friendly, approachable and professional
- Have a strong eye for detail
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
In return we offer:
- 50% Food and Beverage discounts across Jumeirah Hotels and Resorts globally
- Preferential room rates across Jumeirah Hotels and Resorts globally
- Free meals on duty
- Dry cleaning of uniforms / office attire
- 28 days paid annual leave including bank holidays
- Extra day of holiday for significant birthdays
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Recognition and Social calendar
- Company Pension Scheme
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities
If you have passion and ambition that sets you apart from your peers, if you can deliver true craftsmanship and quality with charm and flair then join us in creating the best team in the business.