We are looking for a Junior Sous Chef to join our team at Kilnwick Percy Resort in Pocklington, York. Great competitive salary!
This is a permanent position to work full time hours. This will be across 5 variable days which will include regular weekends and bank holidays.
Flexibility is essential to suit the needs of the business.
Want to find out more about this role? Join us at our Recrutiment Open Day on Wednesday 18th May, 3pm-8pm at The Kilnwick Percy Resort.
Darwin Escapes has 24 amazing destinations across the United Kingdom, each of which has its own unique offering. Whether you are looking for a role in food and beverage, grounds, maintenance, housekeeping, entertainment or at a management level then the Darwin family will have the career waiting for you!
The successful Junior Sous Chef will
- Assist the friendly team with the day to day running of the kitchen.
- Oversee portion control, waste management, food preparation and all procedures.
- Be responsible for stock rotation and ordering.
- Ensure that all menus and specials boards on display have the correct selling prices at all times.
- Be sure that food hygiene regulations are adhered to at all times and that the wider kitchen team follow these procedures.
Experience within a similar environment is preferred. A catering qualification in Level 3 Food Safety is preferred. Strong communication skills are essential and a driving licence and the ability to drive is an advantage to enable easy travel to and from the resort.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary.
- Enhanced holiday entitlement.
- Discounted staff breaks at our luxurious holiday resorts across the UK.
- Free use of all Darwin Escapes resort facilities including many of our free gyms and swimming pools.
- Food discount across all resorts.
- Discounts on spa treatments.
- *'Introduce a friend' recruitment bonus.
- *100% work attendance bonus.
- *Company employee sick pay.
- Compassionate leave pay.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Free access to the Darwin Academy training programme to help further your career and skill levels.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Health Shield cash plan.
*Subject to terms and conditions
Why work for us:
‘Darwin Escapes is successful because of our Team, who are like minded, dedicated and committed to delivering outstanding standards and customer experience. This is how we support each other to carve those life long memories for our holiday home owners, holiday guests and golf members and visitors’ – Lindsey Esse, Managing Director.