Assistant Manager - LIVE IN
Our passionate team are seeking an enthusiastic and ambitious Assistant Manager.
The Rising Sun is a scenic pub with accommodation that lies in the heart of St Mawes, overlooking its peaceful harbour with far-reaching river views that stretch to the ocean.
You’ll be working in a picture-postcard fishing village that nestles on the south coast of Cornwall’s breathtakingly beautiful Roseland Peninsula. Flanked by the Carrick Roads sailing waters, adventure awaits both across the river and among tranquil inland rural nooks.
What it’s like to be an Assistant Manager
You’ll inspire an environment that champions positivity and hard work. Operating in some of the world’s most beautiful locations, we love what we do and always go about our day with a sense of fun and with smiles on our faces.
We invest in our people. Forming part of a close-knit team of talented individuals, you’ll receive ongoing support and encouragement to take on new responsibilities and further your career. Be yourself, steer your progression, and join us on our exciting journey.
Working closely with the General Manager to lead our diligent and committed team, you will:
- Step in to run the venue when the General Manager isn’t around.
- Juggle operational and commercial management responsibilities with ease.
- Thrive as part of the hands-on team, working shoulder-to-shoulder with your colleagues to provide a memorable guest experience.
- Be an excellent leader and an inspiring role model to your team, providing them with ongoing support and development.
Our people take great pride in their pubs, guest houses, and hotels. They also say the personal development opportunities we offer set us aside from industry competitors when it comes to forging a successful career in hospitality.
On top of a competitive salary, you’ll receive a wealth of benefits ranging from 28 days holiday (full-time), a generous staff discount, and much more (see below for full details).
You are proud of what you have achieved with your solid track record in hospitality. Having previously operated in a team leader or supervisory role, you are now hungry to achieve more. Possessing a natural flair for communication, you thrive on delighting guests and motivating teams.
Your experience has seen you:
- Become truly passionate about creating positive and memorable experiences that ‘wow’ your guests.
- Develop excellent supervisory skills.
- Gain exposure to operational management.
- Utilise your excellent organisation skills.
St Austell Family Group is a family owned business with world class brewing and pubs at its heart. We began life in Cornwall over 170 years ago and have built a £200m business with internationally recognised beer brands in Tribute and Proper Job. We own two state-of-the-art West Country production sites, St Austell Brewery and Hare Brewery - home of Bath Ales, which we acquired in 2016.We own 180 pubs, 36 of which we manage ourselves, situated in some of the most iconic locations in the South West. Our ambition is growth, building a long-term progressive and profitable business, fit for future generations.
Our venues are exciting places to be. Dynamic, high-volume, and fast-paced, they are go-to destinations for high quality, locally-sourced food and drink. Being set in desirable coastal and rural locations means they each experience significant seasonal demand over the summer.
- 30% discount off food & drink.
- 50% discount off accommodation.
- A Health Cash Plan provided by Westfield Health.
- An employee assistance program providing support on financial, health and legal issues.
- Fantastic training & career development opportunities.
- Discounted membership with local businesses.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- 28 days holiday (full-time).
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, we would love to hear more about you. Simply fill in the short form and we’ll get back to you very soon.
We will deal with your application in the strictest of confidence and welcome applications from people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions, and sexual orientations, who are authorised to work in the UK.