Accounts Support Assistant
Who are Peach?
Peach is a collection of really great pubs, serving quality food and drink in a warm welcoming environment. We pride ourselves on serving the good stuff, and continually strive to be Peachy. Our pubs are great but it’s our people that make us who we are. We want our guests to love us, return and recommend. We encourage individuality, and have a team of enthusiastic, hardworking folk who you’d be happy to have round the dinner table. We are a world class employer, ranked 24 in the Best Companies to Work For.
The Accounts & Admin Support Assistant will play an important role, supporting the purchase ledger manager and other members of the finance team. You will be part of an integral small-knit team, whilst also working across other teams in the business. We strive to get things right first time, chase perfection, and whilst there is an option after training to work flexibly from home we will also spend time together as a team troubleshooting and reviewing day to day activities.
The main tasks of the role will include:
Purchase ledger – Coding & sending invoices for approval and ensuring they are dealt with in a timely manner, supplier statement reconciliations, set up of new supplier accounts, payment runs, allocating payments.
Cash & banking – downloading of bank transactions, coding and posting into the accounts software, recording & reconciliation of cash & PDQ receipts to ensure all money expected is received
Expenses – daily file uploads, checking and approving claims
Utilities – Ensuring meter reads are done on time and any queries flagged and followed through with our utility provider. General understanding of ongoing issues and ability to try and resolve these with our supplier. Preparation of month end accruals.
Ad hoc – Opening & distribution of post, setting up DD’s as necessary, raising invoices, extract of data to help prepare month end accounts and other tasks as required.
Having a driving licence is essential as you will be based in our office near Bicester for a minimum of 2 days per week plus will also be required to travel to our pubs as necessary. This is a varied and interesting role, and a fantastic opportunity to grow and develop within a very exciting industry.
· Organised with the ability to prioritise your workload following requests from peers
· Proactive, reliable and dependable
· Positive and full of life
· Adaptable and flexible to cope with the changing demands of the business
· Driven and motivated
· Able to hit deadlines and work well under pressure
· Able to manage your time well
· Willing and able to add value
· Confident, enthusiastic and passionate with good communication skills
· Salary up to £15 per hour. Approximate hours 40 - 48 per week
· Quarterly bonus for achieving pre-set goals
· Pro-rata 20 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays
· Flexible working
· Travel expenses where applicable & team discount at all Peach Pubs
· Annual Peachfest Party