Event Executive - West Midlands Posting Date
Apr 25, 2022Job Number
Sales & MarketingLocation
Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Maxstoke Lane, Meriden, WARWICKSHIRE, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
The Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking and generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family.
An exciting opportunity is available to start your Marriott journey in our Events team at this four star hotel where you can receive long term development and career opportunities.
The Forest of Arden is part of an exclusive collection of Marriott country clubs and is located in the heart of the West Midlands, located between Solihull and Coventry with easy access to the M6, M42 and M40, just four miles from Birmingham NEC, Airport and International Train Station.
Facilities of the Forest of Arden include our AA rosette-awarded restaurant, Cast Iron Bar and Grill, two golf courses including our championship Arden course, a driving range and the Golf academy. There is our relaxing Spa with 8 treatment rooms, outdoor tennis courts and a fully equipped fitness centre.
Weddings & Special Events Executive
Wedding and Special Event Executives at our Marriott Hotels & Country Clubs specialise in providing memorable special occasions and peace of mind in knowing that there event will be well organised and smoothly executed. As part of our family of associates you will host a blend of seasonal events including weddings, anniversaries, christenings, birthdays and christmas.
This four star hotel is an enviable wedding venue which allows our sales & events team to provide a memorable experience for our guests and provides staff with extensive, ongoing training and development. Marriott International is the worlds' largest hotel company and provides associates with exciting long term career opportunities.
We offer our associates;
- Competitive pay for every hour worked plus potential gratuities
- Meals on duty
- Leisure membership at the hotel
- Global hotel room discounts for Marriott and it's brands
- Worldwide food and drink discounts
- An attractive long service programme
- Complimentary uniform
- Inclusive car parking
Summary of the role
- To take responsibility for all enquiries and bookings for Weddings and to assist with Social Events, including Birthdays, Christmas and Anniversary parties as required.
- To act as one point of contact for the client and to provide a smooth and efficient service to the client at all stages of the booking process including site visits
- To maximise all opportunities to sell the hotel facilities, including golf course and to ensure that every effort is made to convert enquiries through proposal and negotiation to achieve targets.
- To ensure that all administrative processes and system standards are constantly adhered to. Moreover that all enquiries are accurately entered into company systems in line with set standards and that company policy on credit checking and payment procedures is adhered to.
- To work with other properties to keep business within Marriott through effective cross-selling and referral process at enquiry and post event stage.
- To be involved in incentives, closing days, mail-shots, wedding fairs and other promotional events to identify and secure new business. These may include off site events.
- To ensure that all guest requirements are recorded accurately and to enable clear communication with the Operational Teams.