At VA UK, our strategy is to guide our members to the right combination of our Virgin Active exercise experiences across our multiple channels, becoming the “phygital” exercise experience brand in the UK. To execute this, we embrace the quality and diversity of our people and product to create an encouraging environment for them to exercise in. We live our purpose which is to inspire more people all across the UK to lead more active lives.
We are recruiting a Production Manager to help to shape, plan and deliver top-quality digital fitness and wellbeing content. You’ll be the one providing the video programming and formats that make it easy for Virgin Active's members to keep active. But you won’t be alone. You’ll be an integral part of the Marketing Team and as part of your role, you’ll also manage and guide a video production team to deliver outstanding content to run across all channels including, mobile app, website, TV, social, and in-club screens. You will help maintain our relationships with partners such as Virgin Media, delivering live content each day.
As a Production Manager, you will take care of day-to-day production logistics for film, ensuring content is produced on time and on budget as well as to operational policies, compliance, brand, H&S guidelines and procedures . You will lead and support the video production team to help them in their day-to-day, shoot-specific tasks and professional development.
You will collaborate with the Digital Product Team, Marketing, Product, IT, digital partners, Video Producers and Consultants, to ensure that the schedule is moving forward and specific issues are addressed and escalated. You will regularly liaise with our Legal team to ensure all ad-hoc license agreements and music clearances are in place
Ultimately, the Production Manager will help our product to shine so that both our members and Academy students experience the best digital and online product in the market. In everything you do, your ultimate goal will be to ensure our content is on brand, engaging and drives our members to be active.
This is a unique, challenging and exciting role within a friendly, forward-thinking business.
So what qualities does a Production Manager need to join Virgin Active?
- You have proven experience as a Production Manager, working in media, sport, fitness or entertainment
- You have proven leadership skills, managing a video production team who exceed expectation and deliver best in class content
- You have examples of how you own creative and production budgets, including cost tracking and reporting
- You have extensive knowledge of post-production, archive clearance, music clearance, filming permits, contracts, insurance, risk assessments and Health and Safety
- You have established leadership within live studio and remote broadcast productions demonstrating an ability to take a creative concept and build an organized structure around it
- You have working knowledge of control room and studio disciplines including cameras, lighting, graphics, video switching, audio
- You are on top of new trends and suppliers in areas like AI and remote production
- You have experience with pre-recorded, live and multi-day live spectator events
- You’ll know how to get support from all levels of the business while continuing to achieve success within your team
- You have experience creating and improving processes. You don't just take on a role; you make it better, and are willing to help others improve their roles as well
- You have exceptional project management skills
- You will act as a member of one team with one goal, will always be yourself, and work hard. Most importantly, you dream big
- You are always looking for ways to learn and improve, to inspire people while having fun and doing the right thing