Here at Virgin Active we can’t get enough of inspiring our members to live an active life, delivering amazing fitness experiences and service throughout our clubs. We are recruiting a club-based Head of Membership to lead the club’s Front of House and Membership teams, ensuring everyone serves and everyone sells.
As a Head of Membership, you will support the General Manager and other Heads of Department to deliver a world class customer journey through the club.
Always leading from the front, you will be responsible for the clubs membership performance, and will take ownership of creating accurate, precise weekly and monthly planners, to ensure enough activity is completed to drive the required level of net growth. You will produce accurate, transparent sales reports and analysis as required by General Manager, Membership Business Partner and the rest of the business.
A well as driving penetration for our Personal Trainer programme, you will create and maintain relationships with local businesses to drive corporate membership sales. You will ensure that our Front of House team members can confidently deal with all membership enquiries, and are coached to achieve high standards of member satisfaction and retention.
As a senior manager in our club, you will be a role model to others, creating an inspiring and motivated culture to support the clubs journey to both high customer satisfaction and financial success.
This role is a great opportunity for an established and experienced leader who is looking for additional responsibility and growth.
So what qualities does a Head of Membership need to join Virgin Active?
- You have previous experience as a performance led manager, and a strong operational understanding of what’s involved in managing a subscription based business
- You have experience in an operational business, and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty or jump into action when things don’t go to plan
- You know your numbers – you have sound numeracy, budget management and ability to read data and translate this into usable insights
- You have a track record in meeting financial targets
- You are experienced with all aspects of people management, and understanding the importance of coaching a team to success through goals, targets and KPIs
- You have a razor sharp focus on customer service and experience
- You are confident in liaising with the membership base, and can manage complaint escalations via phone, email and face to face
- You will act as a member of one team with one goal, will always be yourself, and work hard. Most importantly, you dream big
- You are always looking for ways to learn and improve, to inspire people while having fun and doing the right thing