Lifeguard - Burgess Hill, West Sussex
We are Places Leisure, part of the Places for People Group; we are placemakers; our work impacts on the lives of people across the U.K. – providing homes to live in, communities to retire to, spaces to stay active, supported homes for independent living, and student accommodation. Our places work when they work for everyone.
How do we do all this? By surrounding ourselves with active people, lifesaving people and customer focused people. Our people live and breathe our SPIRIT values; we are the place for spirited people.
So, we want you to join us and the 12,000 other colleagues on our journey; colleagues who have helped us create places, maintain 209,000 homes, manage £4.5 billion of assets, deliver £87.9m in social value and teach 80,000 children to swim each week.
More about your role
We have an exciting new opportunity as a Lifeguard at Places Leisure, where you will be working in a fun, lively environment with likeminded people. You will help to inspire others to work together and deliver their very best.
A National Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) would be beneficial, however if you are safety conscious, a competent swimmer and eager to gain valuable life skills, then with our continuous learning and development opportunities, we would be happy to support you in achieving this qualification.
There are many opportunities available for you within Places Leisure. Starting your career with us as a Lifeguard is a great first step to many different routes including Operational Management, Sales, Fitness or Customer Service.
In the Lifeguard Role, we will offer ongoing training & competency assessments as well as opportunities for first aid at work training, swimming teacher qualifications and a variety of apprenticeship routes.
More about you
- You will be responsible for the supervision of our customers and other lifeguards using our swimming and pool facilities.
- You will always act safely whilst holding responsibility for the Health and Safety of all pool users and oversee the operations of the building.
- You will have excellent attention to detail, ensuring the safety of our customers whilst they are enjoying the use of our facilities.
- You will have a passion for delivering first class customer service and deal with customers in a friendly and professional manner whilst going above and beyond to deliver the highest of standards.
- You will have an eye for first class cleanliness and will put this into action whenever required.
Our ambition gives you all the challenge you could wish for and that's why we can offer you tangible and exciting career progression in a diverse and pioneering business.
Here people can flourish, thrive, better themselves and work in fantastic communities with inspirational colleagues and customers.
We know that there's always more we can do to make you smile, that's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to help colleagues save money or make their lives a little bit easier; from a pension, generous holiday pay, training, sick pay, and free or discounted gym membership – to a wealth of extra perks including interest-free loans for colleagues, discounts and offers on thousands of retailers, restaurants and leisure outlets and much more.
If you meet the criteria and are ready to make the next step in your career then click apply. You will be redirected to our careers site where you can discover more about the role, read a full job description and apply directly to us.