Reception Manager - Tring, Hertfordshire
Pendley Manor, a unique Hertfordshire hotel, is a Grade II listed property, set in 35 acres of beautiful lawns and wooded parkland close to Tring. We pride ourselves on offering guests the very warmest welcome in comfortable surroundings and highest standards of service.
We are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Reception Manager to join our Front Office team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring consistent service standards within the Reception and providing clear direction for the front office team. This hands-on role provides the perfect opportunity for a passionate and customer focused professional, ensuring the highest standards are maintained throughout the department, so that our guests’ expectations are exceeded.
We are seeking a candidate with previous experience in a similar establishment and the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading, and speaking
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and with little supervision
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
- Previous experience within a Reception Management role
- Knowledge of system Opera beneficial but not essential.
- Ability to adjust to business requirements and flexibility
- Lead and motivate the Reception team.
- Ensure personal presentation is immaculate at all times and action any issues immediately
- Manage absence and sickness of your team members
- Provide administrative support to the client as and when required.
- Proactively manage any ongoing / potential issues
- Highlight ongoing or potential issues to the FOH Manager or DM
- Communicate information to the team as required in a clear and concise format
- Regularly monitor and check the level of service being provided by the reception team ensuring excellence at all times
- Ensure that you and the team continually focus on the customer experience delivery, standing to meet every guest and hosting when required
- Review and update the standard operating procedures (SOP's) manuals and train your team on new or reviewed procedures
- Ensure all enquiries and requests from internal customers to the department are dealt with in a timely manner
- Deal with complaints and escalate if necessary
- Conduct regular one to one meetings and annual appraisals
- Attend trainings and other meetings as required
General Duties & Responsibilities
- To supervise the daily running of the Reception desk and surrounding area
- To ensure that visitors, occupiers and clients are met and greeted in a five-star manner – standing to meet every guest
- To ensure visitors are announced as appropriate in line with the site team agreement
- To ensure visitors and occupiers are assisted with their queries in a knowledgeable and professional manner
- To ensure that additional assistance is offered as and when required
- To ensure the guests name is used as appropriate during conversation
- To ensure excellent customer care and front of house standards are maintained at all times
- To ensure complaints are dealt with in a calm and professional manner
- To ensure that the Reception Team adheres to the sites security procedures and regulations as set out by management
- To ensure that telephone calls from customers and occupiers are answered in a friendly, timely and professional manner
- To ensure any questions or queries are dealt with and escalated where appropriate
- To ensure that any maintenance issues in the Reception and lobby area are reported
- To ensure that the Reception area is kept tidy and dean at all times
- To produce accurate reports as and when needed
- To work with the management team in the delivery of initiatives that improve customer/client expectations
- To assist in ensuring that the overall security is not compromised at any time by highlighting any irregularities or suspicious behaviour
- To assist in ensuring that Health & Safety is not compromised at any time by reporting accidents, near misses, unsafe working environment(s) or unsafe behaviour
- To comply with building Emergency Procedures
- Ability to prioritise
- Understands the importance of having a good rapport with our Service Partner and other service providers
- Warm, friendly, approachable and passionate
- Confident and outgoing nature, good sense of humour and an approachable personality
- Innovation concepts and forward thinking