Deli Assistant - Zakynthos, Greece
The Deli & Kitchen offers a laid back alternative to our busy club restaurants where our guests can enjoy simple food, done well, whilst enjoying views of the Ionian Sea. As well as serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, The Deli also stocks an array of homemade produce and dishes that are ready for guests to take back to their villa and put straight on the barbeque.
Open daily, our Deli team prepares a variety of dishes from Ottolenghi-style salads to homemade quiches, open sandwiches to charcuterie boards and delicious pasta and pizzas, all alongside daily specials that take advantage of fresh, local produce.
A 2-minute drive from the club, The Deli & Kitchen not only welcomes our guests but is also open to walk-ins and visitors to the local port.
With plenty of variety in this role, we are looking for a versatile team who can look after guests dining in The Deli as well as being able to help out with food preparation in the kitchen. Our Deli team need to be attentive waiters, experienced in making coffees and serving wine and be able to work through a prep list and create and package homemade dishes with care. Cooking experience is essential in this role.
A typical day might begin with an early start preparing for breakfast service in The Deli and stocking up the fridges with homemade treats prepared by the kitchen that guests can pick up to take back to their villas. At lunchtime, you may be serving lunch in The Deli or taking a break before coming back in to assist with dinner service. This role requires a great deal of flexibility since no two days are the same.
It’s not all work and no play – in your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Assist with the preparation and assembly of breakfast and dinner hampers
- Assist with food preparation and packaging for The Deli where required
- Greet guests in a friendly, yet professional manner
- Introduce guests to The Deli and communicate effectively with regards to how it works
- Introduce guests to the menu and advise on any daily specials
- Confidently give guidance and recommendations on the menu and answer any questions guests may have
- Understand different dietary requirements and food allergies
- Set tables and ensure The Deli is ready for service
- Take orders for food and drink
- Prepare drinks
- Serve guests efficiently with food and drink orders
- Ensure that guests are happy and deliver a consistently high level of service
- Clear tables and ensure guest areas are clean and tidy at all times
- Prepare bills and assign them to guest accounts accurately
- Ensure bills are paid by guests who are not Peligoni members
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met at all times
ABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- A minimum of 1 year experience of working in a restaurant or café/deli environment
- Proven cookery experience, for example a cooking school certificate and/or experience in a professional kitchen or with a chalet company
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems is desirable
- Previous cash handling experience
- A barista qualification or evidence of barista training is desirable
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- Available from July to September/October
- A full driving license is desirable
- EU Passport Holder
ARE YOU ONE OF OUR NEXT DELI ASSISTANTS?
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HOLD AN EU PASSPORT
For this role, there are positions available for both the Full Season and Peak Season.
To apply for the Full Season (May – September/October) follow the link below.