Guest Relations - Zakynthos, Greece
We like to think of Peligoni as a home away from home, and our Guest Relations team are the perfect hosts. The level of pride we take is second to none, our warm and friendly approach is never forgotten and our attention to detail is what makes our guests come back year after year.
The main role of our Guest Relations team is getting to know our guests by regularly touching base with them throughout their stay. They will learn their individual likes, dislikes, make recommendations, introductions and provide a familiar face to ensure each guest enjoys Peligoni at its finest.
No matter what our guests’ idea of the perfect holiday is, the Guest Relations team is on hand to make it a special experience full of fond memories and an eagerness to return.
Providing a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere, being a go-to for our guests and knowing all there is to know, our Guest Relations team make hard work and high pressure look breezy.
This is a demanding role suited to fast thinkers, social butterflies and passionate problem solvers. With 4,000 guests to get to know throughout the season, representing the club at all times, hosting events and handling a whole number of challenging circumstances, this rewarding role is not for the faint hearted.
Our staff are the heart of The Peligoni Club and are what makes Peligoni unique, we need people who are hard-working but who also have great interpersonal skills allowing them to build relationships with guests and really make their holiday.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Check-in guests in a welcoming and efficient manner
- Brief guests on how the club works and answer any questions they may have
- Provide a warm and friendly welcome to all guests coming into the club and maintain communication with them throughout their stay
- Provide a link between the club and the villas, liaise directly with house owners to resolve accommodation issues quickly and efficiently
- Build strong relationships and rapport with guests
- Have an extensive knowledge of all aspects of the club and the local area
- Confidently give guidance and recommendations on the club facilities and what there is to do in the local area
- Respond to any guest emergencies in an effective and efficient manner
- Travel to guest villas where necessary (note, you must be able to drive)
- Actively promote the club to meet weekly up-selling targets
- Communicate any changes to the daily agenda with guests effectively
- Advise guests on any weather and sea conditions that may affect what watersports are running
- Respond to and follow up on guest queries and complaints in an efficient manner
- Record all pertinent information relating to a guests holiday to allow us to deliver a better service during their next stay
- Prepare guest bills and take payments
- Communicate effectively with other teams
- Host and facilitate a number of social events each week including but not limited to: Shipwreck Trip, Peli Quiz, Food Festival and other evening events
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered at all times
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
ABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Attention to detail
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Problem-solving ability to resolve issues quickly as they arise
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in the hospitality industry
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar customer service role
- Full driving license
- Experience driving in mainland Europe
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong numeric, administrative and organisational skills
- First Aid Certificate desirable
- Available for the full season (May – October) or peak season (July – September)
- EU Passport Holder
ARE YOU ONE OF OUR NEXT GUEST RELATIONS?
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HOLD AN EU PASSPORT
To apply for the Full Season (May – October) follow the link below.