Gymnastics Coach Level 1/2 - Eastleigh, Hampshire
We are Places Leisure, part of the Places for People Group; we are placemakers; our work impacts on the lives of people across the U.K. – providing homes to live in, communities to retire to, spaces to stay active, supported homes for independent living, and student accommodation. Our places work when they work for everyone.
How do we do all this? By surrounding ourselves with active people, make a difference people and customer focused people. Our people live and breathe our SPIRIT values; we are the place for spirited people.
So, we want you to join us and the 12,000 other colleagues on our journey; colleagues who have helped us create places, maintain 209,000 homes, manage £4.5 billion of assets, deliver £87.9m in social value and teach 80,000 children to swim each week.
More about your role
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Gymnastics Instructor, at Places Leisure, where you will be working in a fun, lively environment with likeminded people. You will help to inspire others to work together and deliver their very best. With your passion for teaching, gymnastics and excellent class programming and instructing skills, you will be full of enthusiasm whilst engaging with our customers and impressing them with your extensive knowledge and expertise.
It would be beneficial if you are a fully qualified Gymnastics Instructor and hold a valid British Gymnastics Membership, along with previous experience in a coaching environment. However, if you are keen to become a Gymnastics Instructor then we would love to hear from you as with our continuous learning and development opportunities, we would be happy to support you in achieving this qualification.
There are many opportunities available for you within Places Leisure. Your career with us as a Gymnastics Instructor is a great first step to many different routes including a Trampoline Instructor and a Gymnastics Head Coach.
In the Gymnastics Instructor role, we will offer ongoing training and development opportunities, including support with your Gymnastics Instructor qualifications and much more.
More about you
- Passionate about helping people of all ages learn or improve on their Gymnastics skills.
- You will work with customers in groups and sometimes on a one-to-one basis to motivate and instruct them during their lessons.
- You will use your positive energy and enthusiasm to assist the Head Gymnastics Coach in preparing engaging and fun lesson plans.
- You will be a friendly, approachable, and patient individual with the ability to build trust, encourage and motivate your students.
- You will thrive on supporting students to achieve their potential, drawing on your continual knowledge and experience of industry best practice whilst applying teaching skills in the most effective way.
- Always looking to seek out development opportunities and potential ideas to further improve the service we provide.
- Work as a team to keep our facilities clean and safe, adhering to regulations and our company procedures. Our teams maintain consistent standards; therefore, you will want to be your best, in everything you do.
Our ambition gives you all the challenge you could wish for and that's why we can offer you tangible and exciting career progression in a diverse and pioneering business.
Here people can flourish, thrive, better themselves and work in fantastic communities with inspirational colleagues and customers.
We know that there's always more we can do to make you smile, that's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to help colleagues save money or make their lives a little bit easier; from a pension, generous holiday pay, training, sick pay, and free or discounted gym membership – to a wealth of extra perks including interest-free loans for colleagues, discounts and offers on thousands of retailers, restaurants and leisure outlets and much more.
If you meet the criteria and are ready to make the next step in your career then click apply. You will be redirected to our careers site where you can discover more about the role, read a full job description and apply directly to us.