Night Porter – Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
Are you looking for night work?
We have an opportunity for a Full Time Night Porter to join our team (with live in accommodation in our Hotel grounds if required), working alongside a colleague every night to look after our guests and the Hotel overnight.. Like our day time reception teams, our night porters are often the first member of Hand Picked Hotels our guests meet when they come to visit, which means you’ll get to make one of the biggest impressions.
You will be able to give a fantastic welcome to any late arrivals getting to know what someone needs before they even know it themselves, leaving them impressed, reassured, and most importantly, feeling at home. It doesn’t matter if they’re first time visitors or returning guests, you’ll charm them from the initial welcome to the “Good Night or Have a safe journey” with your impeccable standards of service.
Ensuring safety and security is a main priority for our night teams but they are also expert all-rounders helping to fulfil many different roles whilst they are on shift, such as working on the bar, cleaning, setting up conference rooms and delivering room service food orders. If you enjoy being busy whilst most other people are sleeping then we would welcome you to apply.
This is a full time role that involves working from 10.45pm to 7.15am five days per week to include weekends on a rota basis.
What’s in it for you:
- Hourly pay plus a share of the Hotel service charge to boost your earnings.
- Live in accommodation charged at just £58.52 per week all inclusive
- Meals provided on shift or a cooked breakfast after your shift
- 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty.
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS 25% discount of all food & drink. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
- Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
- Working in stunning surroundings and in a property packed with character
- Free parking on site
- Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
- Pension & Life assurance scheme
- You’ll enjoy working nights and will have experience of working these hours
- You’ll be someone who remains calm under pressure and is able to take any challenges in your stride
- You’ll enjoy making guests feel welcome and at home, and will develop a thorough knowledge of our of hotel products and services
- You’ll have previous experience working in hotels or in a Night Porter role
- You’ll be excellent at building a rapport with new and returning guests
- You’ll take pride in your appearance, as the face of Hand Picked Hotels
- Most of all, you’ll have a friendly, welcoming and genuine manner
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa is a 4 Red Star Hotel with 60 bedrooms, a fine dining restaurant and a Health Club & Spa. It is popular with our guests for leisure stays, afternoon tea and weddings,
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.