Maintenance TechnicianMaintenance Technician, easyHotel Reading
As a maintenance technician you will be responsible for the upkeep of the hotel. Ensuring the health and safety of our guests, and undertaking all maintenance duties, including painting, plumbing, electrical and carpentering.
What we offer you:
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen to develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options. In addition, on offer:
- 28 holiday days (pro rata for part time)
- Automatic enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
- Heavily discounted hotel stays and food & beverage discounts
- Amazing high street and lifestyle savings for you and your family
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family
Convenient and centrally located, easyHotel Reading welcomes visitors to explore the local sights with ease and lay their head down in clean, comfortable rooms. Whether you’re looking for a short stay or planning a weekend visit, you couldn’t be in better hands with easyHotel Reading. Located on Caversham Road, right by the River Thames and just under a mile from the centre. Hotel offer 53 comfortable double rooms with en-suite bathrooms.
Your role in our family:
Key responsibilities to your role:
What happens next:
- Liaise with Hotel Management/Housekeeping Team and staff to carry out required painting, redecoration and general maintenance duties.
- Determine the most cost effective approach to achieving a durable and quality decorative finish.
- Carry out preparation/repair/application of finishing products as necessary.
- Undertake both responsive and planned maintenance of painting and decoration
- Carry out a maintenance, repair and installation work
- Execute workmanship using own initiative, to a high standard and ensure it is carried out in strict compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act, and any other relevant legislation covering safety in the workplace for self and others.
- Carry out inspections of occupied and empty rooms to determine the extent of painting, decoration and general maintenance required. Having established the need, carry out the most cost effective and expedient means of completing the works. This will be achieved through efficient preparation/repair/ application of decorative products and general maintenance activities.
- Carry out all necessary administrative work.
- Monitoring monthly reports and keeping all up to date
- Monitoring and reporting weekly/monthly H&S tasks on Health and Safety Portal
- To keep supervisory staff aware of progress and problems in a timely manner.
- Good level of physical fitness, including the ability to lift, work at heights and in differing conditions.
- To undertake all training as required (e.g. first aid, health and safety, customer service).
Does this role suit your skillset? Apply now, this takes seconds, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, your experience and let us tell more about the Splendid group.
The Splendid Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.