Chef De Partie (Catering) - Roehampton, London
Full Time Contract - 45 hours per week
Salary: £27,540 per year plus
To work with and support the kitchen team in order create 100% customer satisfaction by preparing quality food production, helping senior chefs to maintain highest quality in the day-to-day operations of the kitchen
- To follow & execute as directed from the senior chefs
- To help the kitchen team maintaining high level of consistency
- To present food using proper plate presentation techniques
- To set up for meals by ensuring proper amounts of mise en place are in place for forecasted covers, specialty functions and any bookings.
- To check and maintain fridges, work and storage areas for cleanliness, quantity, and quality of food products.
- To understand date labeling and correct rotation of stock.
- To requisition food with necessary approvals according to business
- To take proper care of ranges, ovens, broilers, fryers, griddles, utensils, and other equipment
- To mentor staff of a lower position and assist them in the development of their training needs.
- To be proficient in all areas of the operation, from larder to sauce.
- To return food to proper stations after each function, ensuring that the kitchen is clean and to maintain readiness for next banquet function
- To ensure that all HACCP principles are adhered too.
- To participate in the development of business strategies laid down for the kitchen by the Head Chef for the kitchen
- To ensure the highest quality of product within cost constraints by managing products for food preparation.
Whilst full training will be given, the ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Thorough understanding of Health & Safety and hygiene practices at work.
- The ability to proactively prioritise needs and effectively manage resources and time.
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent.