Pastry Chef de Partie, The Grand York
£25,000 per annum, plus overtime and service charge.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join a five star kitchen brigade at a special time. Working as a CDP Pastry Chef within York's only 5* Hotel, you will be able to use your abilities to create an exceptional experience for our guests. You will also have the opportunity to work across our full F&B offering: our main Restaurant, In-room Dining, Meeting & Events, Afternoon Tea, our Executive Lounge and the reopening of our award-winning Fine Dining Restaurant, Hudson’s.
Built in 1906, The Grand is York’s only five-star hotel. Located within York’s city walls and with views of York Minster, the hotel holds an enviable and proud position in the city and local community.
What we can offer you:
- Inclusive Culture of Family
- Fully funded and supported Apprenticeship programmes
- 50% of Food and Beverage in all Splendid Hotels
- £45 Splendid Family room rate discount
- 30% Discounted Friends and Family hotel rates in Splendid Hotels
- Complimentary one night stay at The Grand when you start
- The Grand Cookery School discount 50% and 25% for friends and family
- Discounted local NCP car parking
- Monthly Pay Day treats
- Visit York discounts
- 'Star of The Month' Reward and Recognition event
- Departmental incentives
- Save money and enhance your wellbeing with Abode
- Retail Trust Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Mental Health First Aiders onsite
- Employee referral scheme
- No split shifts
- Hot and Cold food offerings for all team members on shift
The Ideal Candidate
Our team are the heart and soul of The Grand, without them The Grand is just a beautiful building. We pride ourselves on the warmth of our Yorkshire welcome that each one of our guests receive.
- Team-orientated approach
- As a pastry chef you will create and prepare all pastry items as required by the business
- Prepare, clean and organise ingredients for use in the kitchen
- Assist in menu development of desserts and pastry to compliment savoury items
- Help to maintain and adhere to strict health and safety procedures
- Inspire, teach, and guide junior members of the kitchen brigade
- Maintain up to date knowledge about pastry arts and ingredients
- Confident in your culinary abilities
- Good sense of planning and preparation for the day ahead
- Diligent and meticulous in making and receiving orders
- Proven experience working as a Pastry Chef de Partie in a busy environment would be advantageous.
- Positive attitude
- Good communication
- A passion for delivering excellent food and standards.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work in a team
The Splendid Hospitality Group is an equal opportunities employer and a disability confident committed employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.