Our passionate team are seeking a Team Member to join them in helping to bring wonderful experiences to their guests.
The Royal Castle occupies a landmark location in the heart of Dartmouth. Our award-winning 17th-century hotel enjoys enviable views over the River Dart and offers the perfect place for enjoying a drink and a bite to eat.
You’ll be working in a picturesque corner of South Devon adorned with serene outdoor spaces that will take your breath away. While the waterside offers a restful escape, the town itself buzzes with life, striking a perfect balance that provides something for everyone.
What it’s like to be a Team Member
You’ll enter an environment that champions positivity and hard work. Operating in some of the world’s most beautiful locations, we love what we do and always go about our day with a sense of fun and with smiles on our faces.
We invest in our people. Forming part of a close-knit team of talented individuals, you’ll receive ongoing support and encouragement to take on new responsibilities and further your career. Be yourself, steer your progression, and join us on our exciting journey.
Working closely with all your teammates in our busy pub/hotel/ restaurant, you will:
· Be responsible for taking orders and serving food and drinks.
· Ensure the restaurant is kept spick and span.
· Form part of the hands-on team, working shoulder-to-shoulder to deliver a memorable guest experience.
· Be a positive member of the team, supporting others wherever possible.
Our people take great pride in their pubs, guest houses, and hotels. They also say the personal development opportunities we offer set us aside from industry competitors when it comes to forging a successful career in hospitality.
On top of competitive pay, you’ll receive a wealth of benefits ranging from 28 days holiday (full-time), a generous staff discount, and much more (see below for full details).
You might be starting out in your hospitality career, or you may be thriving in a similar role. Either way, you’ll be renowned for:
· A genuine passion for creating positive and memorable experiences that ‘wow’ guests.
· A natural warmth towards guests, with the ability to build a rapport that puts them at ease.
· Thriving under pressure, getting a buzz from working in a busy environment.
· Being reliable with an exceptional work ethic.
· Being a supportive and positive team member.
St Austell Family Group is a family owned business with world class brewing and pubs at its heart. We began life in Cornwall over 170 years ago and have built a £200m business with internationally recognised beer brands in Tribute and Proper Job. We own two state-of-the-art West Country production sites, St Austell Brewery and Hare Brewery - home of Bath Ales, which we acquired in 2016.We own 180 pubs, 36 of which we manage ourselves, situated in some of the most iconic locations in the South West. Our ambition is growth, building a long-term progressive and profitable business, fit for future generations.
Our venues are exciting places to be. Dynamic, high-volume, and fast-paced, they are go-to destinations for high quality, locally-sourced food and drink. Being set in desirable coastal and rural locations means they each experience significant seasonal demand over the summer.
- 30% discount off food & drink.
- 50% discount off accommodation.
- Fantastic training & career development opportunities.
- Discounted membership with local businesses.
- Cycle to work scheme.
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, we would love to hear more about you. Simply fill in the short form and we’ll get back to you very soon.
We will deal with your application in the strictest of confidence and welcome applications from people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions, and sexual orientations, who are authorised to work in the UK.