Reporting to: Camp Manager
Contract: Seasonal work available in school holidays (Easter, Summer and half terms).
Hours: 8.30am – 5.30pm weekdays. Full time or part time roles available and additional hours available for staff that hold a paediatric first aid qualification (usually 8am – 6pm).
Pay: £58.23 - £105.19 per day (plus 12.07% holiday pay) based on experience, qualifications & shift length.
Summary of Position:
The role of an Activity Instructor is to ensure the welfare and safety of the children on camp and to deliver outstanding, structured activities.
Using supporting resources, you will be expected to deliver a mixture of structured sports, arts and crafts activities and games to children usually aged between 6 and 14 years, with an emphasis on participation, care and development.
As well as leading sessions, staff contribute to the high standard of physical, emotional and social care offered by Ultimate Activity Camps. Our Activity Instructors have a pastoral role as the leader of a group of children on camp, with the focus being on maintaining welfare and providing high quality care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver activities for children aged 6-14, focusing on participation, development and enjoyment, working both alone and alongside other staff.
- Take a pastoral role as a group leader, welcoming new children into your group and liaising with the Camp Manager and/or parents as necessary.
- Supervise and engage with the children outside of activity times.
- Continuously promote the welfare of the children in your care.
- Show high levels of energy, enthusiasm and professionalism, acting as a suitable role model for the children.
- Ensure all policies and procedures on camp are adhered to by yourself and the children in your care, including all health and safety, and safeguarding procedures.
- Live up to the Ultimate Activity Camp promise of ‘Inspiring Children Every Day’ and behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of the company throughout your employment.
- Other ad-hoc duties (e.g., cleaning, equipment maintenance etc).
- Experience of working with children and delivering activities.
- Able to tailor delivery and structure of a session according to age and ability.
- Be enthusiastic, energetic and passionate about developing children through play and activity.
- Good organisation and communication skills. Candidates must be confident in their ability to lead a group of children and not shy away from responsibility.
- A flexible team player, able to adapt to dynamic situations and challenges on camp.
- Someone looking for a challenging but hugely rewarding and enjoyable job in the holidays, looking to further their career in the childcare and coaching industry.
- Qualified in or working towards a relevant sport, art, performing arts, teaching or childcare qualification.
- Experience taking sole charge of a group of children.
- Hold a Paediatric First Aid (12 hour or 6 hour) or First Aid at Work qualification.