Tills & Grocery Team Member - Tottenham Court Walk, London
- Reports to: Duty Manager Grocery, Chilled and Tills (Other Duty Managers and Store Manager).
- Direct reports: None
Job Purpose (overview of the role)
You have a dual role working on Tills and Grocery. On Grocery you will be responsible for rotating stock, removing unsuitable items, replenishing, ensuring shelves are clean and well merchandised. As part of the Tills team you will deliver great customer service by putting through transactions on the Till quickly and efficiently. You will ensure that Tills procedures are correctly followed to avoid any cash loss.
You will be able to offer great service by using your product knowledge to recommend customers relevant products and explain the benefits of them.
Job Role (day to day tasks)
What you will do
- Service - Listen and recommend suitable products to customers
- Dealing with stock – ordering stock, rotating stock, and filling shelves, making sure the shelves are well merchandised and clean.
- Tills – you will put transactions through the Tills quickly and efficiently following cash handling procedures.
- Support your Duty Manager with completing departmental tasks as requested by them.
- This may involve working in areas outside of your normal duties e.g. helping to merchandise other departments such as Grocery, Produce or Chilled.
- Know about products in the store so you can put them through the till.
- Take the time to learn about products in your area, what is in season and how to cook produce.
- Be able to describe the benefits of organic and natural products
- Make customers a priority
- Work and demonstrates a sense of urgency to avoid customers having to wait.
- Greet and engage all customers who enter the department.
- Make recommendations about additional items to customers
- Make every customer experience fun, educational and rewarding
- Complete new starter training and additional training as required.
- Follow high standards of Health & Safety
- Adhere to Planet Organic’s grooming standards.
- Follow cash handling procedures.
- Ensure the Tills area is clean, organised and tidy.
- Ensure that the Grocery area and the back stock area are organised.
- Ensure stock is received properly for example cross checking the invoice with what has been received.
- Ensure goods received notes are passed to the Store Administrator.
- Able to undertake shift work across all days of the week and weekends
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Able to lift boxes and stretch
- Confidently operate tills therefore confidence with numbers is important.
What you'll receive:
- Competitive basic hourly rate (pay rise after probation!)
- Salary Exchange pension scheme
- 25% in store and online discount
- Internal development plans and access to short courses
- 24/7 doctor access, Mental Health support for household
- Dedicated well-being platform
- Cycle to work and tech benefits, access discounts and spread the cost over the year
- Deals & discounts with major retailers, gyms and other partners
We value diversity and creating and maintaining a truly inclusive team, and actively encourage applications from everyone, including those that are currently underrepresented in our workforce. We promote equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. We are a Disability Confident Committed employer and a member of the EW Group’s Inclusive Culture Pledge.