Swimming Coach Level 2 - Redbridge, London
Salary: £18.15 per hour
Job Type: Part Time - Permanent
Location / Team: London Borough of Redbridge Swimming Club
Following the exciting announcement in May 2021 that Vision Redbridge Culture and Leisure have taken over the management of The London Borough of Redbridge Swim Club, we are recruiting for an enthusiastic Level 2 Swim Coach to join the team to plan and deliver high quality coaching sessions across the swim performance pathway!
We are an up and coming friendly and family orientated club offering high quality coaching so if you would like to join our team, we want to hear from you!
- To organise sessions suitable for the squad.
- To plan and deliver coaching sessions appropriate to the age group of the swimmers and provide session plans to the Head Coach when required.
- To be punctual, reliable and committed to the club and its goals and willing to go above and beyond what is expected.
- To ensure that you are made aware of / take note of any special needs of the swimmers i.e., any medical conditions, physical impairments and fitness levels and also alert the lifeguards on poolside.
- To make swimmers aware of their progress and be able to conduct time trials/test sets to monitor progress.
- To maintain a comprehensive register, contact sheet and PB list.
- To be able to attend galas & encourage swimmers to compete.
- To abide by and promote all club policies and work alongside the rest of the coaching team and committee to drive the club’s success.
- To be aware of injury reporting procedures.
- To provide support to Head Coach, as well as being willing to increase hours if requested or provide cover.
- To be prepared to update qualifications as and when necessary, including CPD’s.
- To follow and promote the SE Child Protection policy.
- To be able to prioritize and deal with any issues effectively should they arise.
- To promote the club in a respectable manner at all times.
- The ability to motivate, encourage and develop swimmers in line with LTAD.
- To communicate effectively with swimmers, parents, other coaches and committee.
- To be able to coach different stages of LTAD.
- To be able to teach/coach competitive skills that will aid the swimmers’ progression into the Performance Pathway.
- To be able to develop techniques in line with swimmer’s development.
- To work independently off own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Level 2 Swimming Coaching Qualification.
Vision - Redbridge Culture & Leisure provides a wide range of facilities and services on behalf of the London Borough of Redbridge which includes Leisure Centres, Libraries, Redbridge Museum, Local Studies and Archives, Parks, Open Spaces, Country Parks, Sport and Physical Activity, Arts, Events, Fairlop Outdoor Activity Centre and Hall Lettings.
Vision - Redbridge Culture & Leisure aims to increase participation, accessibility and inclusivity across its services, developing partnerships and sharing best practice throughout facilities.