Sous Chef - Cheltenham
We require a talented and passionate Sous Chef to freshly produce British food in our 70 cover restaurant and function rooms that can accommodate up to a further 70 diners alongside a cosy bar serving bar food and drinks to our locals.
You will assist and deputise to the Head Chef, maintaining food quality, standards and discipline. Assist the Head Chef with menu development. You will be expected to assist in all aspects of the day to day running of the kitchen. You need to be organised, dedicated and have an eye for detail.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Chef de Partie / Junior Sous Chef, who has previous experience working in a similar role looking for a progressive and challenging opportunity.
- Work effectively as part of a team whilst undertaking a leadership role.
- Lead by example and offer clear direction to the team.
- Communicate relevant business information regularly, efficiently.
Build effective and constructive relationships with the team and the client,
- Be uncompromising in achieving company standards.
- Support the Manager to ensure targets are met with labour and food costs.
- Computer literate.
- Currently be either a senior CDP looking for first Sous position or an experienced Sous Chef in a smaller hotel.
- Have an understanding of managing food costs and maintaining GP’s.
- Have experience in hotel or large restaurant kitchens with recognised food awards.