Painter & Decorator - Central London
As a Painter & Decorator you will support our Director of Engineering and senior engineering team with the painting, maintenance and general upkeep of our guest rooms and public areas our building. Your role will be is predominately operational, and you will undertake both planned maintenance and ad-hoc repairs such as scuffed walls or damaged paint work to ensure our products remain in tip top condition. Your role may also include repairs and refurbishments to other areas and may include re-tilling, grouting and light carpentry work.
As a specialist trades person, you will have a flexible and adaptive approach in order to prioritise work and deal with any urgent repairs if they arise. In addition to our public areas of the building there is also a large amount of back of house and employee areas that need continual upkeep and attention. The hotel also has extensive outdoor spaces and gardens so you will be equally comfortable in both front and back of house areas, in plant rooms and kitchens, through to ensuring our guest bedrooms are well maintained and are consistently presented in a pristine condition that is far above anything Standard!!
Do you have what it takes to be a Painter & Decorator at The Standard
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience as a Painter & Decorator is always useful all are welcome at the Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only preempt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
- A proven track record as a Painter, Decorator or Handy Person ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’ or boutique hotel sector; facilities department in a large complex building with multiple venues or related leisure industry
- Experience of a number of paint finishes, re-paring damaged walls and paintwork; in addition to basic tiling, re-grouting and light carpentry.
- A solid understanding of Health & Safety, Fire, Building Safety and facilities legislation
- To be highly organised with great attention to detail; previous use of Knowcross or similar facilities management system would be advantageous
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability and confidence to build strong working relationships at all levels of the business; including guests
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work occasional shifts, including weekends and nights depending on planned maintenance schedules.
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be our Painter & Decorator, we’d love to meet with you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.