Front of House of Trainer - New Restaurant Openings
A very rare and exciting opportunity to join us here at German Doner Kebab is now available!
Since 1989, German Doner Kebab has been serving fresh, healthy, and nutritious meals featuring doner kebabs. Its goal is nothing less than revolutionising the fast casual restaurant sector, serving amazing food in a warm and comfortable space with quick and friendly service.
The company has begun development in the UK and Ireland with the objective of opening 500 restaurants within 5 years. Based in Glasgow, German Doner Kebab UK & Ireland is looking to add to its team.
German Doner Kebab UK & Ireland is looking for a Front of House Trainer to join our New Restaurants Opening Team. Creating an outstanding guest experience will be at the heart of what you do every day and it’s important that you share our values and standards for excellence to enable us to deliver fantastic results and an overall excellent guest experience.
- Assist with the intense roll out plan of our new restaurant openings across the UK over the next 5 years.
- Help organise and plan Training Plans for New Restaurant Openings including on & off-site training and post opening support.
- Confirm all restaurant management, including FOH Supervisors, are fully trained and qualified.
- Assure the restaurant FOH stations are set up for training and operation.
- Assure all necessary training materials are available for all trainees.
- Directly train and/or support the franchisee team to train all front of house team members.
- Ensure all assigned team members have the knowledge and demonstrated skills necessary to perform their role.
- Document training status of all assigned team members.
- Support the franchisee and/or restaurant manager to use performance management on the assigned team members during training and during practice sessions to develop their capabilities to achieve the required minimum performance standards.
- Lead FOH training and practice sessions together with the restaurant management team and/or FOH Supervisors.
- Develop the restaurant management team and/or FOH Supervisors capabilities to provide on-going training to new team members.
- Work closely with the NRO Manager and The People Capability Leader. Ensuring high brand and operational standards are consistently achieved
- Engage the team and by using different platforms and be a brand ambassador.
- Analysing potential gaps in learning and proposing solutions across GDK.
- Help run and support training sessions to support our teams across the brand.
- Ensure Health and Safety and Food Safety and Hygiene procedures are maintained and followed appropriately
- Help to induct new Team Members, Team Leaders, Assistant Managers and Restaurant General Managers.
- Create and deliver new training materials for workshops and courses
- Assist with the delivery of brand initiatives, such as new product & systems roll out and support with special events.
- Help manage projects within agreed deadlines and ensure they are executed to a high standard.
The Ideal candidate:
- Experience working within the hospitality industry in a fast, busy restaurant environment.
- Outgoing, a problem solver, a hard working individual that is not afraid to get stuck in, enjoy a fast-paced environment, organised and can think outside the box.
- Has an aptitude to train, coach and develop individuals and groups.
- Has the ability to give open and honest feedback in a constructive and supportive manner.
- Demonstrates high standards and brand awareness.
- Has the ability to communicate clearly & effectively with all our team and franchisees.
- Be able to manage training timelines to ensure alignment with the opening.
- Be able to adapt to fast changing situations
- Be able to train with a blended capacity
- Previous experience working in a franchisee environment is preferable but not essential.
- Be confident and influential, with the ability to get things done whether asked to work individually or as part of a team.
- Must be flexible to work evenings and weekends when needed with overnight stays in line with nature of the role.
- Must have a full, clean valid driver’s licence.
- Must be able to travel all over the UK.