Active Hosts - Virgin Active Support Office
Are you fit for Virgin Active…..?!
Here at Virgin Active, we pride ourselves on our innovations and vision to be the World’s Most Loved Health Club…… And we need you to get on board to deliver this!
- To inspire people to live an active life
- To live and role-model our Values of Always learning, always improving; Inspiring People; Have fun; and Do the right thing; and to bring to life our People Promise of We are one team and want our people to always feel they can be themselves. We work hard and we dream big
- Excellent Service, safety and standards will be at the forefront of your daily operation.
- Love welcoming support office team members, academy delegates & associated visitors.
- To be motivated about being at the forefront of service at the club.
- Fully understand the Academy product in order to answer commonly asked questions, and promote upsell of courses.
- Fully proficient in navigating operating systems and the administration required to record tasks.
- To create and drive a fun and effective engagement calendar to delightfully surprise our customers
- To have direct responsibility for all management duties in reception including ensuring your equipment and tools to do your job are in good working order
- As a host, your smile, professionalism, and personable manner, will be the leading behaviour every time a Virgin Active team member, learner, or external partner enters the building, or makes contact with the support office
- Building relationships at all levels will be the corner stone of this role.
- The standards, cleanliness and premium look and feel of the support office will be a key responsibility for you, as well as everyone at the club. You will be proactive and proud to keep the club on brand.
- In a fantastic addition to your service responsibilities, your passion for the Virgin Active product will result in you receiving enquiries, educating prospects, & upselling Academy courses through great product knowledge and answering frequently asked questions.
- Ensure the club telephony system is fully serviceable and correctly maintained at all times.
- Carry out the weekly banking process, including reconciliations to ensure that incomings and outgoings are in balance and any discrepancies promptly accounted for.
- Provide reporting on Academy lead management & proactive solutions on how to further promote courses.
- Produce weekly support office people CSAT reports to analyse areas we are doing well, and areas our service could improve on.
- As an experience lead, opening and closing the support office, in addition to servicing weekend responsibilities at times, will be a requirement.
- Be fully aware of emergency procedures, health and safety responsibilities and attend regular training sessions on agreed dates.
- Complete the necessary club operations training on VA’s learner management system.
- Contribute fully to weekly meetings and 121’s, ensuring that you receive the appropriate communication to ensure you are fully aware of what is needed to do a great job and are able to be the best you can be at work.
- Be the finest example of a Virgin Activist and consistently role model the highest standards of behaviour to other VA people.
- Ensure you understand and are inspired to work towards the company’s purpose to ‘inspire people to live an active life, and understand how your role contributes to achieving this.
- Maintain a positive, productive working relationship with fellow colleagues.
- Help to create an environment where all learners and our people enjoy themselves whilst at the club, and make a real contribution to the success of the support office and business as a whole.
- Ensure everyone is greeted in a friendly and courteous manner when entering the building and that all teammates and learners are acknowledged on their departure.
- Ensure all incoming phone calls are answered within the agreed time frames and in a helpful and courteous manner and that all bookings are handled quickly, effectively and in a courteous manner, whether by telephone or in person.
- Some complaints may require club management intervention, ensure communication with the appropriate manager, or fully briefed later if unavailable.
- Ensure all complaints are followed up within 24 hours and that the Operations Manager is kept updated via weekly 121’s, and more frequent updates if needed on serious issues.
- Continually monitor the nature of complaints and how they are managed by the club, providing recommendations to the Operations Manager on how to make improvements to bring complaint levels down where possible.
- Ensure you understand the importance of customer satisfaction levels on support office performance, proactively monitor all sources of feedback and seek to identify opportunities to improve people and learner engagement and satisfaction wherever possible.
- Ensure you are aware of the importance of customer retention and understand your role in influencing support office colleagues and learners.
- Work with other departments to improve the people and learners experience by helping the support office achieve its customer satisfaction scores
- Be fully involved in the creation of a fun, lively and creative atmosphere for all team members. Take part in activities, programs and events in the support office.
- Keep abreast of information on all support office facilities, programmes, social events, colleague and learner suggestions in order to ensure you are fully aware of what is going on, and be an important link between all other departments.
- As a member of the experienced leadership team, a full service and standards focus will be required, sharing responsibility alongside all other teammates.
- Ensure the prioritisation of health & safety execution in the support office Host department, ensuring policies, risk assessments and safe systems of work are in place.
- Proactively flag any health and safety concerns to the Operations Manager.
- Execute the support office’s brand standards programme across the entire building
- Ensure the Front of House area is kept consistently clean and tidy
- Ensure that you are well presented in accordance with our brand standards, and the uniform policy at all times.
- Log all Academy enquiries on VA’s customer relations management system, as you receive contact from prospects.
- Be expected to communicate with Academy prospects via telephone, email and website chat functions.
What we can’t live without:
- Demonstration of the Virgin Active Values.
- Extremely strong interpersonal abilities and someone who is approachable to Academy learners and other team members at all times – it is vital that employees in this role have a genuine interest in wanting to resolve members’ queries and deliver an experience above and beyond our customers’ expectations.
- Previous experience of dealing with complaints politely and efficiently is required.
- The role-holder must have excellent administration and organisation skills and be proficient in using a computer. A good telephone manner is also necessary.
- A flexible attitude to working patterns with ability to work evenings, weekends and public holidays as required.
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way. You’ll have a dedicated Manager and a supportive wider team to really set you up for success.
Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
• Complimentary VA health club membership for you & a buddy!
• Discount on loads of Virgin products & services.
• 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
• Birthday bonus day off (in addition to your annual leave)
• Health & dental care