Waiter / Waitress - Wood Hall Hotel & Spa, Wetherby
Have you got a big smile and a passion for delivering high standards of service?
Join our Food and Beverage team as a Waiter / Waitress, where you will enjoy preparing drinks, serving guests, setting and clearing the restaurant and working alongside a dedicated team of hospitality professionals striving for high end quality and service.
Both full time and part time applicants are welcome. This role involves a variety of shift patterns including early breakfast shifts from 6.30am and lates from 3pm until 11pm. Part Time from 16 hours to Full Time working 40 hours per week with any overtime paid. This will include weekends as these tend to be the busiest days.
Although taking orders and serving food is of course an important part of the job, this role entails so much more. You are one of the team who will liaise face to face with our guests, which means you can make one of the biggest impressions and help make our guests feel welcome and at home.
You will be an attentive person who can spot in seconds when someone is trying to catch your eye for the bill, whether they’re missing a spoon for their dessert, or if they need a high chair before they even need to ask. You’ll also have a big responsibility for maintaining the safety and well being of our guests, from allergy awareness to standards of cleanliness.
What’s in it for you:
• Hourly pay plus a share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team
• Live in accommodation charged at just £58.52 per week all-inclusive of meals and bills due to its location you will need to have transport
• The opportunity to live and work in a historic property in a stunning location
• Use of our Health Club facilities
• Meals on duty
• 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty.
• £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS 25% discount of all food & drink. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
• Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
• Free parking on site
• Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
• Ideally you will have some experience in a similar role but this is not essential as full training will be given
• You’ll be a team player with bags of enthusiasm and a big smile
• You’ll take pride in your appearance, and proud to be the face of Hand Picked
• You’ll be a stickler for hygiene and be able to demonstrate best practice
• You’ll feel comfortable in a fast-paced, busy environment
• Most of all, you’ll have a friendly, positive and proactive manner
Wood Hall Hotel & Spa is a 4 AA Star Hotel with 44 bedrooms. It is a popular wedding, leisure and afternoon tea venue and has a 2 AA Rosette fine dining restaurant.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 22 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.