Waiter/Waitress - £9.50 - £10p/h plus service charge and paid overtime
This Full time role involves working earlies from 6.30am to 3pm, Lates from 3pm - 11pm/Midnight and will include weekends as these tend to be the busiest days. Applicants will be required to be fully flexible with regards to the hours and shifts that they can work.
Although taking orders and serving food is of course an important part of the job, this role entails so much more. You are one of the team who will liaise face to face with our guests, which means you can make one of the biggest impressions and help make our guests feel welcome and at home. You will have the opportunity to make someone’s day – every day. Whether it’s suggesting the perfect wine to go with Mr. Singh's fish dish, or remembering that Ms. Porter recently met her first grandchild, building a rapport is an important part of your role.
You will be an attentive person who can spot in seconds when someone is trying to catch your eye for the bill, whether they’re missing a spoon for their dessert, or if they need a high chair before they even need to ask. You’ll also have a big responsibility for maintaining the safety and well being of our guests, from allergy awareness to standards of cleanliness.
What’s in it for you:
• A competitive salary - all our waiting team members are paid hourly with any overtime paid
• A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team
• The opportunity to live and work in a historic property in a stunning location - although due to our location you will need to either live in or have your own transport, as public transport is not an option
• Delicious meals on duty
• 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty.
• £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS 25% discount of all food & drink. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
• Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
• Free parking on site
• Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
• Ideally you will have some experience in a similar role and ideally within a fine dining restaurant or wedding venue
• You’ll be a team player with bags of enthusiasm and a big smile
• You’ll take pride in your appearance, and proud to be the face of Hand Picked
• You’ll be a stickler for hygiene and be able to demonstrate best practice
• You’ll feel comfortable in a fast-paced, busy environment
• Most of all, you’ll have a friendly, positive and proactive manner
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa is a 4 Red Star Hotel with 60 bedrooms. It is a very popular wedding venue and has a 2 AA Rosette restaurant.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 22 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.