Assistant General Manager - Seawick Holiday Park - Clacton-on-Sea
Park Holidays UK are a rapidly growing company and we are now one of the largest providers of Holiday parks covering both England and Scotland The business has a proven history of developing and promoting talented managers and an unprecedented investment programme across the group.
Park Holidays are currently looking for an Assistant General Managers from within the holiday sector to help lead one of our fantastic parks in Essex. We are looking for someone with experience in the industry who can fit right in with our team, to achieve great things.
Seawick is located on the coast at St Osyth near the popular seaside town of Clacton on Sea. With bundles of facilities on park and nearby, this is the ultimate location for a family holiday. Seawick’s entertainment complex has a state-of-the-art sound and lighting system making the entertainment, industry leading. Guests experience a mixture of its own park team and great acts from around the country. Seawick has everything that a fun filled family holiday should be.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Work together with the General Manger to support the overall business, taking responsibility of areas of the business as deemed necessary.
- Deputise in the General Manager’s absence.
- To review and establish new service standards for the Park, determining overall priorities.
- Identify and implement initiatives to enhance and improve standards and experiences to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Understand and work within the Company policy on service standards.
- Identify new opportunities for greater efficiency and improving performance of the Park.
- Identify ways of ensuring the smooth running of the Park and help achieve positive changes by helping others adapt to new situations.
- Take control of new situations and pressures that arise by showing persistence, ability to prioritise tasks and events and make considered decisions in terms of reorganisation when required.
Focussing on an Effective Operation:
- Plan the work of individual team members or departments to meet annual Park targets by prioritising the key tasks and establishing methods that make best use of resources.
- Understand and apply the key measures of effective business performance for the benefit of the Park.
- Keep up to date with key legislation and new approaches within the industry to positively affect the business.
- Investigate problems that arise with facilities and equipment on the Park to establish root causes, determine solutions and monitor the progress of the work to ensure swift and safe resolution.
Ensuring Effective Communication:
- Consider the target audience when communicating and encourage a substantial level of involvement to ensure understanding of issues.
- Put across own views and opinions in a clear and constructive manner in one-to-one and small group situations.
- Build balanced and high performance teams to work towards common goals.
- Encourage and support a learning and development culture to enhance the roles of team members.
The successful candidate should have:
- The ability to lead, manage& develop a variety of park-based teams.
- A proactive & positive approach within their role
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure with good decision making skills.
- A professional and outgoing personality with excellent standards of presentation and customer care
- Good & relevant IT skills, including knowledge of Excel, Word and e-mail.
- Flexibility & Adaptability to meet the needs of a seasonal and varied business.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
Previous experience in a management role is essential.
- Minimum 3 years of Caravan Industry experience is required.
- 20% friends and family discount on holidays booked with Park Holidays, this is subject to availability at time of booking.
- All staff have a discount of 50% on food purchased from the complex, this does not include specials or any drinks & is subject to conditions.
- Great staff referral scheme
- 28 days holiday leave per annum
- Progression Programme within the Company – Learning & development opportunities available with the potential to join the Company’s Skills Academy or Apprenticeship Development Programme.
- Double Glazed Centrally heated on-site accommodation available with the position for the right candidate.
With 42 caravan parks situated throughout the UK we are now one of the largest providers of Holiday parks covering both England and Scotland. We offer great value family holidays and short breaks, with a small selection of touring and camping too, along with a wide range of static caravan holiday homes and luxury lodges for sale.