Duty Manager (Full Time or Part-time) - Bicester, Oxfordshire
Full Time 40 Hours or Part Time Evenings and/or Weekends
This is an outstanding career opportunity with a not for profit charitable organisation committed to providing a diverse and meaningful range of leisure and culture related activities for the local communities in which we serve.
We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Duty Manager to lead our shift teams. The successful candidate will be dynamic, be able to demonstrate problem solving attributes and be able to think on their feet. You will be able to manage a team and ensure the sound operation and safety of your team and customers during your duty shift. You will also be delegated specific areas of responsibility for which you will be accountable.
Located in Bicester, Whitelands Farm Sports Ground is a modern facility that offers a 3G pitch, 2 grass rugby pitches, 2 grass football pitches, spacious cafe/bar and a function room that caters for birthdays, weddings, exercise classes and many other activities.
For the full time position you will be required to work 40 hours a week on a shift basis, this includes mornings, evenings and weekends.
For the part time position you will be required to work evenings and/or weekends.
Reporting to the Pavilion Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day operation and management of the facility including health and safety, customer care, financial control, as well as leading and managing staff.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the provision of a clean, high quality facility.
- Inclusive of health and safety will be the building walk around and auditing of the first aid kits.
- Staff training and inductions.
- To be a point of contact for all employees.
- To be involved in report productions for the site.
- You will be a keyholder for the leisure centre.
- It is essential that you have excellent communication skills and commitment to customer service.
- You will be required to be flexible in your approach to work and bring about fresh thinking.
- Knowledge of health & safety, being passionate about customer service and able to motivate the staff team to deliver a quality service is important to the role.
What can Legacy Leisure offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave
- Free gym membership for you and a nominated person
- Employee health cash plan
- Employee discount portal - discounts on travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Company sick pay
- Career progression
- Training and development
Legacy Leisure is a well established business that is continuously growing. Successful applicants can look forward to joining a company that can offer career prospects and believes in investing in its people.