PAY - £9.50 AN HOUR
Tips - Since May this year, our Commis Chefs at The Seafood Restaurant earned on average £3.60 per hour in tips. For a full time role with us this equals up to £144 per week (based on a 40 hour week) and up to £620 per month on top of your wage
You can expect to earn in the region of £19,760 each year in this role if working full-time, plus up to £620 per month in tips.
Hello, come in.
Great hospitality is what we do - offering a friendly and generous welcome to all. Building an inclusive and diverse team is the right thing to do and it helps us be at our best.
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Commis Chef to join our friendly kitchen team at Rick Stein’s Seafood Restaurant in Padstow.
Opened by Rick Stein and Jill Stein in 1975, The Seafood Restaurant is famous for establishing an international reputation for the very freshest fish and shellfish, often landed on our doorstep. You'll be working with our legendary home grown Head chef, Pete Murt and the team to create simple seafood dishes with classic flavours using Rick’s recipes.
As an established and growing family business of 45 years, we are proud to offer long-term career opportunities in Padstow for local people. Our team tell us that they are proud to work for us and they voted for us as one of the top 100 best companies to work for. Over 100 members of our team have worked with us for 5 years or more and 75% of our managers are appointed from within.
Worried you haven't got experience?
Don't worry, we can give you all the tools, support and training you'll need
Don't want too many hours?
We're pretty flexible and open so just let us know what your ideal hours would be
Want all of the hours?
We have plenty of bookings over the winter so you don't need to worry about your hours being cut - we only give 0 hour contracts if you ask us to
We offer some great opportunities to learn and grow your career with us:
- Craft skills and training (wine and food tastings, supplier visits) to develop your knowledge and confidence
- Opportunities to move between parts of our business
- Encouragement to apply for bigger roles when the time is right
- Regular encouragement and support from your manager
We also offer some great perks and benefits:
- Hourly pay to ensure you are paid for all of the time you work
- Tips paid weekly to help your bank balance. Our tronc system is not subject to NI deductions
- Tips paid year round and you'll still receive tips whilst you are on annual leave
- Flexible shifts – with a guarantee that we’ll never offer a zero hours contract (unless you ask for one) and the opportunity for full-time employees to request a four-day week
- Christmas day and Boxing day off
- 50% discount in our restaurants for you and up to five friends
- 20% discount in our retail shops and our online shop
- Double discount (40%) in our retail shops at Christmas
- Discounted hotel stays and cookery school courses
- Annual complimentary meal for two
- Good quality meals whilst on duty
- Team social events
- Thank you rewards and recognition throughout the year
- Annual leave that increases with long service
- Opportunity to apply for a career break of up to 12 weeks
- Refer a friend rewards and incentives
Good to know….
Parking – There is plenty of free parking available in Padstow.
Travel to work – Padstow is on the bus route from Bodmin, Wadebridge and Newquay with regular buses throughout the day.
You can cycle safely to work from Bodmin and Wadebridge to Padstow along the Camel Trail.
Uniform- We provide our kitchen teams with chef whites.
We'd love to hear from you - to apply, please email your CV to pmurt[at]rickstein.com or click apply to submit a quick application.