As the General Manager of 2 family Adventure Golf attractions, your role is to support the Head of Operations, Managing Director in driving the profitability of the attractions by meeting and exceeding sales targets, KPI’s and controlling operational expenses whilst ensuring the commercial potential of the attractions is maximised. Maintaining consistently high operating standards, delivering exceptional customer and team satisfaction results, you will be responsible for creating a high-performance culture by leading, supporting, motivating and developing your team to exceed the targets as set by the company.
- Direct line management responsibility for Dinosaur Safari Adventure Golf and Jurassic Island Adventure Golf (new site)
- Delivery of EBITDA and KPI’s as set by the company
- Fully conversant with EBITDA and experience of working with KPI’s and understands the importance of delivering and exceeding targets and the need for detailed planning, measurement and effective performance management.
- Assist the Head of Operations and Marketing Agency with organic social media to positively promote the brand and support with disseminating communication to the teams.
- Seek out commercial opportunities to improve spend per head and present ideas / initiatives to the Head of Operations.
- Working within a profit and loss framework and understands controllable costs and manages these effectively and proportionately, in particular due to the seasonality of the business and impact of weather and the need for mitigation.
- Actively monitors customer satisfaction through customer surveys and on-line reviews, present recommendations to the Head of Operations, based on results / feedback and continually strives to improve overall satisfaction and on-line ratings through positively engaging the teams.
- Support the Head of Operations as culture carrier by always putting the customers and our team at the heart of all decision making.
- Positively communicate and demonstrate the brand values in all internal and external communication.
- Attend a monthly General Manager meeting and act as chair as required.
- Attend a quarterly business review with the Head of Operations to discuss the performance of both attractions.
- Support the Head of Operations with ensuring that operating standards and audit and compliance processes spanning health & safety, human resources, IT, finance, security and GDPR are adhered to across the attractions and corrective action is put in place where required.
- Lead the recruitment, induction, training and development for your team and ensure that record keeping is up to date on Bright HR
- Coach, motivate and inspire the Assistant Manager and Team Leaders, identify Responsible Persons to drive high levels of employee satisfaction, improve team retention and promote succession planning.
- Act quickly to address people performance issues, in liaison with the HR Champion, using the support and tools available via Peninsula HR.
- Maintain an awareness of local competition and employ an effective strategy to maintain market share.
- Work closely with local corporate businesses, schools and community partners to ensure the attraction is promoted well within the local area.
- Liaise with contractors to ensure the facilities are maintained to a high standard at all times.
- Protect the health, safety and welfare of our customers and teams and ensure that compliance with health and safety law is adhered to at all times.
- A proven track record of delivering results in a leisure or hospitality environment.
- Commercially aware and possess relevant industry specific knowledge.
- Proven ability to lead, manage and motivate high performing teams.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and an inherent desire to succeed.
- Positive can-do approach to overcoming challenges and adversity.
- Personable, approachable and possessing excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to adapt to a range of audiences.
- Natural flair for delivering exceptional service and instilling this in the teams.
- Enjoys leading from the front and engaging with customers and has the personality to create a fun, relaxed and vibrant culture whilst maintaining a professional work environment.
- A flexible, adaptable and versatile approach to meet the changing and demanding needs of the business.
- Confident operating with autonomy in a hands-off management environment focussed on output and delivery of results.
- Experience in managing budgets and working with detailed reports.
- Outgoing, fun, vibrant and friendly personality.
- Willingness to learn and commitment to ongoing professional development to support the future growth of the business.
- An eye for detail and obsessive focus on standards.
- Awareness of Health and Safety / Human Resource / GDPR legislation.
- Minimum 12-months management experience working in a leisure, hospitality, or retail environment.
- Full UK driving licence
- Experience of new openings