Conference & Banqueting Assistant - Audleys Wood Hotel, Basingstoke, Hampshire
We are looking for someone enthusiastic and hard working to join our team at Audleys Wood Hotel.
This is a Full Time role that involves working 40 hours per week plus any overtime paid. You will work a variety of shifts including earlies from 7am to 3.30pm, Lates from 3.30pm - 11.30pm/Midnight and weekends as these tend to be the busiest days.
You will work as part of the team to look after our guests attending weddings, events and conferences at the Hotel, making sure the rooms are set to the required standard ready for their arrival and that their event runs smoothly from start to finish. You will also help to clear up after each event ensuring our Hotel always looks clean and presentable for show rounds.
Attention to detail and an attentive attitude is vital for this role as the Conference & Banqueting Team make sure all of our guests have everything that they need and that we follow the strict timings agreed prior to the event, with the organiser.
This role does involve lifting and carrying equipment and being active for the duration of your shift and would suit someone who enjoys being busy, has an interest in events and a passion for delivering high standards of service to everyone they meet!
What’s in it for you:
• All our waiting team members are paid hourly with any overtime paid plus a share of service charge which can really boost your earnings
• The opportunity to work in a historic property in a stunning location
• Delicious meals on duty
• 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty.
• £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS 25% discount of all food & drink. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
• Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
• Free parking on site
• Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
• Ideally you will have some experience in a similar role but this is not essential as training will be provided and the right attitude is more important than experience
• You’ll be a team player with bags of enthusiasm and a big smile
• You’ll take pride in your appearance, and proud to be the face of Hand Picked
• You’ll feel comfortable in a fast-paced, busy environment
• Most of all, you’ll have a friendly, positive and proactive manner
Audleys Wood Hotel is a 4 Star Hotel with 72 bedrooms. It is a popular wedding, Afternoon Tea and leisure stay destination with a 2 Rosette restaurant.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 22 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.