SENIOR CHEF de PARTIE – The Ship, Parkgate, Wirral, Ch64 6SA
Full Time – 48 hours per week
Salary – £10.00 - £10.50 per hour plus tips plus company benefits (Annual salary can be arranged if preferred)
The Ship is a bustling gastro pub with rooms that sits on the stunning parade at Parkgate, overlooking the RSPB nature reserve to the North Welsh coastline. With a major upgrade and refurbishment currently underway, bringing with it the addition of a roof terrace, new dining area, and upgrade to the kitchen, we are currently expanding the whole kitchen team and are seeking a talented and passionate SENIOR CHEF de PARTIE to join and further strengthen the kitchen team. We currently have 3, soon to be 4, pubs all within a few miles of each other, meaning there is a great opportunity for career progression within the group.
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive salary which will regularly be reviewed to reflect and recognise your progression, skills and experience
- Equal share of tips
- Ongoing training, development and opportunities for career progression within the group
- Guaranteed Christmas day off to enjoy with your family and friends
- Flexible working hours to create the perfect work life balance
- Brand new fully refurbished commercial kitchen
- Free meals on shift
- Free parking on site
- Discounted food rates - up to 50% off at all company sites
- Discounted accommodation rates – up to 50% off at all company sites
- Access to confidential and expert health & well-being, financial and legal advice through our Employee Assistance Programme
- Up to £1000 for referring a friend to join our team
- Long service rewards and annual recognition
- Christmas staff social event – celebrate the festive season with your work friends on us
What we’re looking for:
A creative and talented chef who is looking for a progressive role in a bustling kitchen. Our chefs create their own menus and always welcome ideas from the whole of the team. We are well known for serving the finest of fresh locally sourced produce and our regularly changing menus reflect this.
Previous experience of working in a similar kitchen is essential as we know you’ll have the attitude and work ethos we’re looking for - a chef who shares our love of everything foody and brings passion and flair to the kitchen.
Who we are:
- A family run company, currently with 8 pubs across the Wirral, North & Mid Wales areas
- A company who believes in treating people with respect & dignity with a genuine concern for the happiness and well-being of each and every one of our team members
- A company whose pubs really are the heart and soul of the local community
- A company who truly believe in ‘Improving people’s lives by running truly great pubs’
- Stange & Co are accredited by Investors in People
If you think you have what it takes to be our new Senior Chef de Partie and you’d like to join the team, please apply now to our Group Executive Chef, Tim Watts.