We are recruiting a Sous Chef!
As a Sous Chef for NWTC, you are the deputy for your Head Chef and a strong leader in your own right even when the Head Chef is present. You will support the Head Chef in their duties and be the go-to person between management and the rest of your team. You will be the person your team will look to help them.
You are the leader of guest experience and team morale in your kitchen and you will only accept the highest of standards in everything your team does. You will maintain a fantastic relationship with the FOH teams to ensure a smooth service at all times. People make mistakes and you will lend a mature head in ensuring you coach people when this happens.
Stock control and kitchen management will now fall to you and so you will assist the Head Chef with Rota planning, stock control, invoicing and ordering.
As an expert in coaching, your team will work for you to deliver your overall vision. You will have a passion for products, standards and fun on this journey to becoming a Head Chef. You will always portray a positive and upbeat attitude in your role, especially around our guests!
- Ensure every guest interaction is ultra positive and with the intention of getting them to have a return visit
- Undertake all Junior Sous Chef responsibilities where relevant/needed.
- All aspects of Kitchen management.
- Ensuring stock GP is managed and within target with action plans in place where not
- Ensure you have an up to date Talent Pipeline for the whole kitchen with training needs and succession plans
- Ensuring 2 weeks of Rota's are visible at all times and within target.
- All ordering ensuring budgets are adhered to and efficiency sought where relevant
- Maintaining a happy and engaged team through 1:1 meetings, incentives and recognition
- Inductions for all new starters in line with company procedure
- Manage the Junior Sous Chef to ensure all training is to company standards
- Always be H+S and food safety compliant and follow all procedures and policies in every aspect
- Ensure excellent communication with other departments to aid in overall smooth service
- Undertaking any reasonable management requests
- Treat everyone with respect and remain calm at all times.
Here's what we can offer:
Multi award-winning company. Including Sunday Times Top 100 Companies, 4 years running.Multi brand operator.50% discount on food for you and all your guests at any of our restaurants.Company pension scheme.An employee assistance program providing support on financial, health and legal issues.Discretionary benefits.
At The New World Trading Company, we continue to break the mould of the modern pub. This means that not only do we encourage individuality, we value it! And believe our business thrives on it – from the spaces we create for guests, to the careers we build for our people – you are your only limit!
If our brand matches yours, apply below!