Host/Hostess - Central London
As a Host/Hostess In Decimo you will become part of an exceptional restaurant team that will provide an extensive food & drinks service across our 10th floor destination restaurant and roof terraces. You’ll be our guests’ all important first and last point of contact meeting them on arrival and escorting them to their tables, on hand to deal with their queries, provide information and oversee table plans. Your exceptional knowledge of food and drink will help you create an environment where you will not only delight our guest, but also excite and surprise them to create the ultimate bar experience in London, that is anything but Standard!
You will of course be passionate about service, with an exceptional working knowledge of restaurant operations, reservations and order of service; along with a good understanding of managing guest lists, table return times, and flow of guests into and out of the restaurant.
Finally, and most importantly, you will be a host to our guests adding a touch of personality and theatre to their experience, making our guests feel welcome whilst they visit The Standard and our energetic and vibrant city; so you will need to be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a busy high volume, high energy environment and can manage multiple tasks and guest with ease.
At the heart of our hotels are of course our people who through their vibrancy and energy bring our properties to life. You will of course be passionate about service, with an exceptional working knowledge of restaurant operations and order of service; along with a deep appreciation of quality food and wines in order to confidently match and suggest wines to compliment guest menu choices and enhancing their overall dining experience.
Do you have what it takes to be a Host/Hostess at Decimo
While prior experience as a Host/Hostess is always useful, your individuality is your most important asset. While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. With this in mind you will also need…
- Prior experience as a Host/Hostess or Restaurant Receptionist is essential with the ability to engage and connect with a wide range of guests from different backgrounds, ideally gained in a similar high end Restaurant, ‘Lifestyle’ boutique hotel, destination fine dining restaurant or perhaps even a well know quality chain
- Be a confident in restaurant operations, reservations and the order of service
- Highly social, motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- Prior experience using Seven Rooms, Open table and Squirrel epos is advantageous however full training will be given
- You will need to have a flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts, including weekends and nights as Decimo operates a late night licence.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
Recently voted as one of London's Top 100 Restaurants; Michelin-starred Chef Peter Sanchez-Iglesias merges the Spanish cuisine of his family with his love of Mexico for his debut London restaurant, Decimo. Expect lots of flavour- aquachile (Mexican ceviche), suckling pig shoulder, vegan paella and a new take on tacos with a dramatically different tortilla. Situated on the 10th floor of The Standard, London, Decimo features two separate bar areas, main restaurant which showcases live fire cooking and two semi private dining spaces; with floor-to-ceiling windows and roof terraces providing dramatic views across the London skyline.