Head Chef - Doncaster
8am - 4pm Wed to Sun
We are BaxterStorey, an independent hospitality food service provider operating in the UK, Ireland and Europe specialising in restaurants, cafes, deli bars and exclusive dining rooms for clients and customers in business and industry.
We know that investing in training and development means we can be confident our teams have the skills they need to give our customers a great experience. Our Academies, training and mentoring programmes support our people as they build their careers with us. We give them the skills to provide the best service and hospitality, to help our people be the best they can be.
Working with a small team to deliver breakfast and lunch
Head Chef benefits:
- 28 Days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Free meals on shift
- Bespoke development training
- Pension and life insurance
- Discounts available from HAPI app, from high street shops to holidays & cinema
What would we like from our Head Chef:
- Display a real passion for food
- Good secondary education
- NVQ qualification or equivalent
- Excellent craft skills background
- Successful progressive background in catering
- Basic and Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- Strong Supervisory experience
- Ability to display a real passion for food and customer service
Head Chef requirements:
- Plan, prepare, cook and present food to the standards required
- Ensure that the company's reputation for excellent food and service is enhanced with the client and customers.
- Control portion size and monitor waste
- Ensure supplies are correctly issued, used and accounted for to carry out stock takes and food rotation procedures
- Maintain records relating to food production activities and supplier information
- Ensure Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards are maintained in line with company policy
- Set objectives and be responsible for the day to day running of the kitchen
- Assess employee performance and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
- Hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets, standards required and company and client information
We are committed to creating an inclusive working environment. To be who you are without judgement, no matter who you are or where you're from. Where individuality is a strength and you can be proud to be you.
Ready to join us? Apply today!