The Polgooth Inn
We are an award-winning 16th century country pub in the heart of Cornwall.
Set in 7 acers of land we are lucky enough to have our own kitchen garden boasting 3 poly tunnels, a fruit orchard, a large herb bed, beehives & lots of raised beds for seasonal produce.
We will shortly be adding accommodation to our customer offer ready for Easter 2022
Senior Head Chef
We are looking for an experienced & highly skilled Senior Head chef to join & lead our existing brigade of 8 chefs. Someone who enjoys the buzz of a busy kitchen and willing to keep our reputation & popularity a priority. We are all about work life balance and ensuring our staff are here because the want to be! therefore everyone works no more than 5 days a week.
Job Start date 1st Feb 2022
You will need to be
- Able to cook to a high standard & deliver consistent great food in a high volume environment
- Focused, motivated, organised & love hospitality
- Great communicator with an approachable attitude
- Fully aware of all H&S policies & procedures
- Help manage the recruitment & selection of staff within the kitchen
- Support, inspire & develop the team around you
- Understand & control stocks, margins & suppliers
What we will do for you
- Competitive salary
- Training & development opportunities
- Support & respect you
If this position interests you & you wish to explore a career with us, then please get in touch.