We are looking for a Grounds and Maintenance Manager to join our team at Woodside Bay Lodge Retreat in Wootton Bridge, Isle of Wight. Great competitive salary!
This is a permanent position to work full time hours. This will be 40 hours across variable days which will include weekends and bank holidays.
Flexibility is essential to suit the needs of the business.
Darwin Escapes has 24 amazing destinations across the United Kingdom, each of which has its own unique offering. Whether you are looking for a role in food and beverage, grounds, maintenance, housekeeping, entertainment or at a management level then the Darwin family will have the career waiting for you!
The successful Grounds and Maintenance Manager will
- Oversee the smooth operation of the grounds and maintenance department.
- Be responsible for the day to day running of the grounds and maintenance team.
- Assist with the maintenance of all company buildings and guest accommodation.
- Assist with testing and maintenance of hot tubs.
- Carry out grass cutting, strimming, edging and turfing to a five star standard.
- Actively promote the retreat and its facilities.
- Keep the retreat grounds and public areas free of debris.
- Assist with the weeding, spraying and watering of gardens.
- Organise and maintain fair staff rotas.
- Ensure staff motivation is high and be sure the team are trained.
- Comply promptly with all maintenance jobs issued on the daily.
Previous maintenance / grounds supervisory / managerial experience is preferred. Hot tub maintenance experience is advantageous. Excellent customer service and communication skills are essential. A driving licence and the ability to drive is essential for this role due to the use the site buggies / vehicles.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary.
- Enhanced holiday entitlement.
- Discounted staff breaks at our luxurious holiday resorts across the UK.
- Free use of all Darwin Escapes resort facilities including many of our free gyms and swimming pools.
- Food discount across all resorts.
- Discounts on spa treatments.
- *'Introduce a friend' recruitment bonus.
- *100% work attendance bonus.
- *Company employee sick pay.
- Compassionate leave pay.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Free access to the Darwin Academy training programme to help further your career and skill levels.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Health Shield cash plan.
*Subject to terms and conditions
Why work for us:
‘Darwin Escapes is successful because of our Team, who are like minded, dedicated and committed to delivering outstanding standards and customer experience. This is how we support each other to carve those life long memories for our holiday home owners, holiday guests and golf members and visitors’ – Lindsey Esse, Managing Director.