Fusion Lifestyle is hiring a Pool Lifeguard Trainer Assessor to support the on-going training and development of Fusion’s lifeguarding workforce. This includes the on-going management and delivery of lifeguard CPD and qualifications, whilst ensuring that the training and assessment process remains robust with consistently high standards.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities of the Role Include:
- Carry out CPD sessions to Fusion & IQL standards
- Record training attendance accurately
- Conduct competency assessments on lifeguards as required
- Present candidates for renewal or new qualifications, as their trainer, complete with accurate training records for inspection.
- Assist in the internal/external verification process
- Ensure training sessions are run consistently at prescribed times throughout the month in partnership with centre management teams
- Ensure training content fully meets IQL standards (NPLQ 8th Edition or most recent)
- Champion in role and take personal responsibility for all hygiene, health and safety procedures
Experience/Skills and Attributes:
- Qualified RLSS NPLQ Trainer Assessor (updated to current course edition)
- Hold current membership with the RLSS
- Prerequisite qualifications for current TA status (NPLQ/Life support 3 and unit 4 Pool Lifeguarding)
- Previous experience within the leisure industry preferably at Duty Manager level and above
- Strong NPLQ skill base and under pinning knowledge of relevant documents
- Strong leadership skills and confidence in leading large groups
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to build rapport and trust
We are passionate about delivering the best customer service and getting your community active. Every Fusion team member plays their part, working within a diverse and dynamic team in a fast paced environment
If you want to further your career in leisure, within a dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then we want to hear from you.
Click on the link to apply.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
This job advertisement is not intended to serve as a full job description, and is therefore non-exhaustive. Upon securing an offer of employment, a copy of the job description will be made available to you. This may be amended from time to time, in-line with business requirements. You may also be required to carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.