Lifeguard - Chester
16 hours per week
Interested but not qualified? We can train you up!
- Training and development opportunities that will enable you to advance as far as your talent and determination will take you
- Free gym membership with a plus one and 2 discounted memberships for family members or friends
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Discount on retail and cafe products
- 28 days’ holidays including public/bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time staff)
Total Fitness is the leading mid-market health club brand in the North. With 15 health clubs across the North of England and Wales, Total Fitness provides a full-service fitness offering both in club and online; guided by knowledgeable and supportive fitness teams, the brand works hard to meet the evolving needs of its members.
Total Fitness began in 1993 with a strong belief that everyone is better fitter, and that belief is stronger than ever today. Total Fitness knows that true fitness needs variety to keep workouts fresh and engaging, so their large health clubs offer many ways to workout; extensive gym floors, over 70 classes a week, impressive swimming pools, expert personal trainers, and digital content- allowing members to take the brand home. This workout variety provides its members with a route to 360 fitness that lasts longer than a one-off spin class.
With over 600 staff and support from its network of freelance fitness partners and brands, Total Fitness delivers its purpose daily to around 80,000 members and guests.
So if you're a team player and want to work in a fast pace environment, then we are for you.
The successful candidates will be keen, self-motivated and have a love for lifeguarding. No splashing around for this role, you will need to be on the ball at all times!
The role requirements:
- This position requires a current NPLQ and DBS certificate.
- To undertake continuous swimming pool surveillance, recovery of bathers, resuscitation, first aid and general assistance in accordance with agreed procedures.
- To communicate with members to deal with enquiries effectively and promote services, referring to supervision as appropriate and maintain a high standard of customer care and service quality.
- To oversee general safety and monitor behaviour of members to prevent injury, misuse and damage to facilities or unsocial conduct.
- To maintain excellent hygiene standards on poolside by undertaking a systematic cleaning schedule.
- To provide special care to any members who may be at risk in any way.
- To reinforce Club rules where necessary.
- To carry out basic maintenance and health and safety checks.