Kitchen porter - Exeter
about wagamama |
inspired by fast paced, japanese ramen bars, wagamama brings the fresh, flavours of asia to all. a little ginger to warm you up. chillies that kick. noodles to nourish the body and soul.
we're not just a company, we're a family whereby our beliefs and shared values create our strong culture epitomized by our people mantra of 'be you, be wagamama'
our kitchens |
we take pride in our kitchens; maintenance is a priority + we have state-of-the-art equipment. our standards are high. our ingredients are cooked fresh. we serve hot food when it's ready. you'll find no microwaves or heat lamps here. our open kitchens mean you get to interact with our guests spreading positivity from bowl to soul
be you | be a kitchen porter
you don't need previous kitchen experience or to have worked with asian food before , just a passion for food, a great attitude + a willingness to learn, we'll teach you the rest!
we have a dedicated 4-week training period when you join us, so we'll teach you everything you need to know to become a true kitchen superstar!
as a wagamama kitchen porter, you'll receive some great benefits |
- brilliant hourly rate + a share of staff tips
- weekly pay, every friday
- free meal on shift
- a clean uniform provided every shift
- christmas day off
- 4 week training period when you start
- internal development programmes to support you to take your first step into management
- apprenticeship opportunities | gain national qualifications
- 30% discount at wagamama + other trg brands when dining with friends + family
- company pension scheme
- financial wellbeing support
- perkbox | retail, gyms + restaurant discounts
- career progression + clear career pathways from kitchen porter up to head chef
what you'll do |
- work as a team to ensure the chefs have everything they need for shift
- you ensure all crockery + cutlery is spotlessly clean + ready for service
- when required, support the managers to store our deliveries away in the correct places
- ensure all food is correctly labelled in storage
- ensure all waste disposal is carried out
- support the team with prep, when required
- ensure your kitchen porter station is clean throughout shift
- follow wagamama cleaning practices
about you |
- a hunger to learn new skills + how to cook our brilliant food. you don't need previous kitchen experience, we'll teach you!
- has a passion for food, people + restaurants
- a team player + great communicator, who has a positive can-do attitude
- a caring individual | you care about other people, our teams + guests
- in the spirit of change (kaizen), you're always looking to improve + help us be better than the day before
- passionate about creating a brilliant experience for our guests
if that sounds like you, click apply below!
wagamama is an equal opportunity employer. we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees
when submitting your details, please let us know if you require any support or adjustments during the interview process