Sous Chef - Kew Garden's Hotel - London
Here at Metro Pub Company, our mission is simple - we want this to be the best place you've ever worked. Our pubs are at the forefront of that mission; delivering amazing environments our guests don't want to leave. You'll work with the head chef to run the kitchen, hire, train and develop the team and take charge of everything when the head chef's away. Ideally you've already worked as an sous chef in a busy pub for at least a year and we're keen to know what you've learnt. But it's more than that. We're much more interested in who you are and what you're really like. What are you like to work with? How do you rally a team? Are you calm when things don't go to plan? What makes you laugh? We want to get to know you and your way of doing things. And find out how you can bring them to our beautiful pubs.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive Salary + service charge
- 31 days annual leave
- 33% discount across all MPCo and Greene King sites.
- Friends and Family Discount Scheme entitles you to invite friends and family to join the discount scheme and benefit from up to - - - 25% off food and drink
- 50% off stays at our amazing hotels!
- Team Member Benefits - our online scheme where you can get discounts from hundreds of suppliers and retailers.
- A top-class management leadership programme.
- As we are part of the GK family - all our employees receive up to 30% discount at Superdrug and up to 50% off Three mobile.
- Wagestream - allowing you to access up to 50% of your wages ahead of payday - and many more!
Who are we, anyway?
We’re Metropolitan Pub Company (or MPCo. for short). We're part of Greene King, but they leave us to it. We’re a collection of over 60 premium pubs in and around London: neighbourhood locals, city pubs and foodie ones.
The successful candidate must have:
- Experience in a similar role in a gastropub or restaurant.
- The ability to work as part of a team or unsupervised, and remain calm under pressure when the going gets tough
- Excellent timekeeping, attention to detail and the ability to organise and manage workload effectively
- A solid understanding of all UK health and safety and able to follow company policies
- A real passion for great fresh food.