Head of Marketing - Wigan/Leeds
JD Gyms is an exciting, award-winning gym chain that is quickly expanding across the UK and taking the sector by storm. Part of the global retail group JD Sports, JD Gyms combine the very best gym equipment with stylish surroundings and an energetic atmosphere to create the highest quality gyms with a real difference, investing over £1.5 million in each new club.
As we continue to grow at a rapid pace, we’re looking for a dynamic and passionate Head of Marketing to join our Head Office team.
Reporting into the Commercial Director, you’ll develop and deliver an industry leading sales and marketing strategy, promoting an incredibly exciting brand and driving further success.
This is your opportunity to lead the way in an exciting and rapidly expanding business, so a go-getter attitude will make you stand out from the crowd. A passion for fitness and an understanding of the gym industry is a big plus. If you think you have what it takes we’d love to hear from you.
ROLE: HEAD OF MARKETING
REPORTING TO: COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR
BASED: WIGAN or LEEDS (Travel between the two each week) WITH REGULAR NATIONAL TRAVEL AND NIGHTS AWAY
SALARY : DoE
PURPOSE OF ROLE: The Head of Marketing will drive the business forward through the implementation, delivery and daily management of an industry leading sales and marketing strategy, whilst providing strong leadership and inspiring our teams to achieve the goals set.
- Development, implementation and management of the sales and marketing strategy for the business, with the management of the associated budgets
- The planning, implementation and management of industry leading marketing and lead generation campaigns, with a robust analysis of ROI and effectiveness
- Development, implementation and management of sales forecasting activities, targets and performance goals, coupled with inspirational leadership to achieve company objectives
- Preparation, analysis and preparation of weekly reports on sales and marketing communications activity
- Appointment of and liaison with external suppliers such as digital marketing, web development and PR agencies
- Line management and leadership of the wider marketing department
- Strong collaboration between other departments within the business
- Supporting senior management in the successful delivery of the business’ aims
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Relevant experience and demonstrable success in a similar role, ideally within the fitness, leisure or retail industry
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to provide direction
- A clear passion for strategic sales and marketing delivery
- A proactive attitude, strong work ethic and desire to succeed
- A proven ability to work independently
- A strong sense of accountability
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence and excellent presentation skills
- A full, clean driving licence