Fusion Lifestyle are now hiring – Part Time Assistant Manager
Who We Are:
Fusion Lifestyle is a sports, leisure and fitness operator. A registered charity, the company mission is to bring health and well-being to communities across the UK.
The Role - Details:
Our Part Time Assistant Managers provide day-to-day management, and assist in the overall management of the Centre, deputising for the General Manager in their absence. Our Assistant Managers also drive membership sales and secondary revenue, control expenditure, champion health and safety and ensure compliance with all policies and procedures; all whilst promoting the highest levels of customer service and staff engagement!
As you'll be working part time hours, you will need to be flexible and adaptable, with the availability to work a varied rotation of shifts; which will include early mornings, evenings, weekends and some public holidays.
Responsibilities of this role will include (but are not limited to):
- Contribute to the delivery of Fusion’s vision, strategy and values
- Ensure that the centre financial targets and KPIs have been communicated to relevant team members, and that appropriate plans are in place to ensure targets are achieved
- Responsible for day-to-day management of the leisure centre, carrying out the Duty Manager role when on a duty management shift, which will include the facilitation of operational shifts
- Assist in delivering local sales and marketing plans for membership (and swim school for sites with pools)
- Continuously review the Centre’s fitness, group exercise, and other dry side programming (and wet side programmes for sites with pools)
- Implement, maintain and manage an effective system of controls throughout the centre, covering both financial and non-financial aspects of the business. Ensure revenue protection compliance and conduct weekly audits
- Support the preparation of annual service plans, financial plans and statistics
- Assist the General Manager in ensuring that all contracts, licences and documentation required for the safe and effective operation of the centre are in place and adhered to consistently
- Ensure the centre operating objectives and standards of performance are owned by the management team and employees
- Support the General Manager in leading and developing high performing teams through effective recruitment, people management, development, retention and succession planning strategies for the centre
- Ensure the centre is properly resourced, and staff are optimally deployed to deliver business objectives; personally providing emergency shift cover across the centre as required, and as qualified for
- Champion in role, lead and take personal responsibility for all hygiene, health and safety policy and procedure, resolving or escalating issues as appropriate
To be successful as an Assistant Manager with Fusion Lifestyle you’ll need significant management experience, preferably in the leisure, hospitality or retail sectors, (or sectors with high customer footfall), alongside the ability to inspire, motivate and develop your team.
You’ll need to be a resilient, results-driven and solutions-focused team player with a “can-do” attitude. As a person you’ll be engaging; championing exemplary standards and service at all times; and a leader who is passionate about empowering you team.
- First Aid at Work and AED qualification (essential*)
- Pool Plant Operator qualification (essential for sites with pools*)
- National Pool Lifeguard qualification (essential for sites with pools*)
*Training can be offered. More information regarding training would be made available to you, should you be offered a position within the business.
Some of the non-contractual employee benefits we offer that you may be eligible to receive include:
- 22 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Free Eye tests
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Industry Leading Training
If you want to further your career in leisure within a dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then we want to hear from you.
Click on the link to apply.
This job advertisement is not intended to serve as a full job description, and is therefore non-exhaustive. Upon securing an offer of employment, a copy of the job description will be made available to you. This may be amended from time to time, in-line with business requirements. You may also be required to carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community