SOUS CHEF – The Jug & Bottle, Heswall, CH60 4RH
Employment: Full-time – based on 48-hour week
Salary: £27,000 - £28,000 per year + generous tips (OTE £29,000 - £30,500) + Company discounts & benefits
The Jug & Bottle is a busy foody pub nestled in the centre of Heswall. We are one of the most popular places in Heswall to grab a bite to eat and are well known for serving great British food, using local products wherever possible. It is part of the Stange & Co pub group. Stange & Co are an expanding family company that puts its teams first. We realise it’s our teams and their hard work that make our pubs as successful as they are. We are incredibly proud of our talented chefs and recognise and encourage passion and creativity within our kitchen teams.
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive salary which will regularly be reviewed to reflect and recognise your progression, skills and experience
- Equal share of tips
- Ongoing training, development and opportunities for career progression within the group
- Guaranteed Christmas day off to enjoy with your family and friends
- Flexible working hours to create the perfect work life balance
- Free meals on shift
- Discounted food rates - up to 50% off at all company sites
- Discounted accommodation rates – up to 50% off at all company sites
- Opportunity to work in a recently refurbished commercial kitchen – giving you everything you’ll need to create the perfect dish
- Access to confidential and expert health & well-being, financial and legal advice through our Employee Assistance Programme
- Up to £1000 for referring a friend to join our team
- Long service rewards and annual recognition
- Christmas staff social event – celebrate the festive season with your work friends on us
- Free on-site parking
What we’re looking for:
A creative and talented chef who is looking for a progressive and challenging role in a bustling kitchen. Our chefs create their own menus and always welcome ideas from the whole of the team. We are well known for serving the finest of fresh locally sourced produce and our regularly changing menus reflect this.
Previous experience of working in a similar kitchen is essential as we know you’ll have the attitude and work ethos we’re looking for - a chef who shares our love of everything foody and brings passion and flair to the kitchen.
Who we are:
- A family run company, currently with 8 pubs across the Wirral, North & Mid Wales areas
- A company who believes in treating people with respect & dignity with a genuine concern for the happiness and well-being of each and every one of our team members
- A company whose pubs really are the heart and soul of the local community
- A company who truly believe in ‘Improving people’s lives by running truly great pubs’
If you think you have what it takes to be our new Sous Chef and you’d like to join us, please apply now.