Here at Virgin Active we can’t get enough of inspiring our members to live an active life, delivering amazing fitness experiences and service throughout our clubs. To do this, we recruit the very best Assistant General Managers to lead and motivate our team members in achieving operational success.
As an Assistant General Manager you will lead and inspire your team members, overseeing and being responsible for safety, standards and service throughout the club. You are the right hand to our General Managers, often deputising for them in their absence.
So what qualities does an Assistant General Manager need to join Virgin Active?
- You have significant operational experience within a customer facing environment, are confident with managing a P+L, and thrive when completing duty management shifts
- You are known for your friendly, calm and approachable nature with the ability to act quickly and effectively
- You have excellent attention to detail – nothing gets by without you noticing!
- You are a safety role model, driving excellent standards to keep our members safe
- You are confident in your leadership skills, and have experience of managing multiple team members, as well as recruitment, payroll and day to day management.
- You drive a culture of coaching, and encourage training and development on an ongoing basis
- You are a great communicator, and always willing to support both staff and members
- You will act as a member of one team with one goal, will always be yourself, and work hard. Most importantly, you dream big
- You are always looking for ways to learn and improve, to inspire people while having fun and doing the right thing