Executive Group Chef - Edinburgh
- 40 hours per week (which could include the occasional evening and weekend)
- 40,000- 43,000 DOE
We are BaxterStorey, an independent hospitality food service provider operating in the UK, Ireland and Europe specialising in restaurants, cafes, deli bars and exclusive dining rooms for clients and customers in business and industry.
We know that investing in training and development means we can be confident our teams have the skills they need to give our customers a great experience. Our Academies, training and mentoring programmes support our people as they build their careers with us. We give them the skills to provide the best service and hospitality, to help our people be the best they can be.
We are one of the largest group contracts within the business, looking for an experienced, creative, passionate and innovative chef to join our senior management team. The role can be varied and cover retail, hospitality, outside catering as well as private events. If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge, you would be joining us at the start of a very unique project with the option to build and lead your own teams.
Executive Chef benefits:
- 28 Days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Free meals on shift
- Bespoke development training
- Pension and life insurance
- Discounts available from HAPI app. From high street shops to holidays & cinema
Executive Chef requirements:
- Manage the smooth and efficient operation of the kitchen that operates across multiple outlets, ensuring the company's reputation for food quality is maintained at all times.
- Organise the planning, preparation, cooking and presentation of food to the standards required by the company and the client.
- Ensure supplies are correctly issued, used and accounted for to carry out stock takes and food rotation procedures.
- Set objectives and be responsible for the day to day running of the kitchens including supervising the recruitment and selection process
- Assess employee performance and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
- Continuously update your industry knowledge on current food trends and ingredients.
- Control and achieve agreed financial targets whilst maximising all commercial opportunities, communicating this with the team as and when needed.
- Ensure that the location meets statutory and company requirements of Health and Safety, Food Safety and environmental legislation and procedures.
What would we like from our Executive Chefs:
- Food's provenance is critical to you and the closer to your kitchen, the better
- You understand that being a great chef is not just about cooking but the ability to work with a team, and build relationships
- You will have proven experience within a demanding kitchen at the relevant level
- Have an Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate or above
- Team player
- Ability to negotiate and build relationships with suppliers
We are committed to creating an inclusive working environment. To be who you are without judgement, no matter who you are or where you're from. Where individuality is a strength and you can be proud to be you. Ready to join us? Apply today!