Marketing Officer - Theatres - Hertfordshire
As we work towards the opening of our venues, we have some exciting new opportunities and are looking for team members to join us. These new team members will work across The Eric Morecambe Centre in Harpenden and The Alban Arena in St Albans.
The new Eric Morecambe Centre is a remodeled building and consists of function rooms and a 500-seat auditorium. The centre will be a hub for community creativity within the town whilst offering live music and theatre events.
The Alban Arena is an 800+ seat venue set within the centre of St Albans City. With strong community links the venue also hosts a busy programme of music, comedy, live music and a fantastic family programme of events
We are seeking a range of talent to work across both venues.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES of the Marketing Officer Strategic
- To promote our theatres, events and performances to external audiences to ensure attendance and financial targets are met through robust and creative strategies within budget
- Manage key external relationships with group and school bookers to maximise sales income from this segment and to liaise as required with Box Office colleagues to process Group Bookings.
- To be a key point of contact for groups wishing to visit the venue and to proactively encourage repeat usage.
- Research, identify and establish relationships with new potential group bookers for the venue
- Meet or exceed venue income targets as set by the Marketing Manager
- Working as part of a close-knit team, contribute to the achievements of the venues targets and business objectives, with particular reference of creation, management and administration of multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Support the Events Manager and the Marketing Manager to create, manage and administrate accurate system’s for seasonal and ad hoc events
- To identify advertising opportunities for venue or event activities
- Maintain the website to ensure it is up to date and functioning and to liaise with Head Office colleagues with regards to improvements and developments to the site, when required
- Timely administration of venue tracker and invoice system
- With colleagues, pursue and organise promotion opportunities at external events attending as necessary.
Health & Safety
- Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with departmental and company H&S procedures
Recruitment, Training and Development
- Undertake training and development relevant to the successful execution of the job role.
- Undertake any relevant training and development that may be required and keep abreast of developments in you field of expertise
- Dress in accordance with Company uniform policy and wear protective clothing where issued and instructed.
- Attend and, if required, note take meetings as required.
- To attend meetings as required.
This Job Description is not an exhaustive description of your duties. You will be required to adopt a flexible approach to your role and responsibilities. In particular, from time to time, you may be required to undertake such alternative or additional duties as may be commensurate with your skills, experience and capabilities.
Have you ever wanted to work in events? Do you love theatre, comedy, live music and much more? If that's a yes, please send your CV and covering letter that details your teamwork and relevant experience by clicking ‘apply’ below: