Evening Room Attendant/Turndown
Evening Room Attendant / Turndown at The Grand, York
Our Room Attendants are the heartbeat of our hotels, it’s what gives our hotels the ‘wow’ factor. It’s the moment that guests walk into our hotels and are impressed, then enter their bedroom and think ‘wow, this looks wonderful’. To be successful you will have a passion to deliver exceptional customer service every time, with a friendly outgoing personality and desire to work as part of a team.
What we offer you
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen to develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options. We offer full training, and in addition to the usual benefits of 28 days holiday and automatic enrolment into a pension, we also offer:
- Meals whilst on duty
- A five star incentive programme
- Heavily discounted hotel stays and food & beverage discounts at our Splendid hotels across the UK
- Amazing high street and lifestyle savings for you and your family
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family
The Grand was originally built in 1906 as a ‘Palace of Business’ for one of the most powerful railway companies in Edwardian England. The Grand, York is part of Splendid Hospitality Group and only a few minutes' walk from York Railway Station. There are also great bus links from all areas of the city.
Your role in our family:
Our team are the heart and soul of The Grand, without them The Grand is just a beautiful building. We pride ourselves on the warmth of our Yorkshire welcome that each one of our guests receive.
- Previous experience as a Room Attendant
- Have a good command of the English language
- Be well groomed and presented
- Have the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Carry out cleaning duties not accomplished during the day to a 5 star standard (check outs and late services)
- Carry out evening turndown service in assigned section
- Record rooms not requiring service and report to the Floor Supervisor
- Ensure pantries and service areas are tidy
What happens next
Does the Room Attendant role suit your skillset? Apply now, this takes second, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, your experience and let us tell more about the Splendid Hospitality Group.
The Splendid Hospitality Group is an equal opportunities employer and a disability confident committed employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.